♡. [ 🌸 Confession 🌸 ] .♡

🌸

"I'm leaving today.." I said aloud, unable to meet his eyes with mine.

"Does.. Does it all end here?"
He just looked at me, with pure sincerity in his eyes. It made me feel bad.

It made me feel like I'm the bad person. It made me feel that everything was all mine, was all my fault.

This isn't my decision to make. It was my parent's. I don't like this either but I need to.

I need to hold my tears back, I can't appear weak now. I have to stay strong.

Grabbing my bag, I turned around and tried to walk away. But his firm grip on my wrist made me stop.

"Ne... Why?"

I didn't move. I just listened,

"Why didn't you tell me that you were living?"

I was left speechless..
He had all the rights to know. He's my best friend. No, he's more than that. He's my first love. But, I was being selfish. I was being mean..

But I had no choice, I didn't knew how to tell him. I didn't want to hurt his feelings..

But...

I guess I messed it all up..

"Why..?" I could feel him clutching his fists..
"Even though we've been friends for such a long time? How could you hide this from me?"

I couldn't resist anymore. My tears just streamed down..

"Did you really think I would force you to stay?" He sighed in frustration and continued, "Or, did you think that I am not someone that is not worthy of knowing..?"

How could I let it come to this..?

Unable to resist, I looked over my shoulder saw his own tears, streaming down his face..

I felt a pang of guilt.

I wanted to ask him why.. But that would seem that I'm too oblivious..

"Why.. Why am I crying?" He asked, he tilted his head to the side, "Don't look at me.." He wiped his tears but still didn't looked at me, "I don't want you to see this side of me.."

"Because.."

He paused and a small tint of red were visible to my sight, "Because.. I.. I.. really like you.."

I was unable to move.. My mind went blank. I wasn't able to form words, I wasn't able to clearly see why he would love a selfish, mean girl like me?

He then tightened his grip on my wrist and raised his voice for all the crowd to hear, "I really like you..! Since we were in middle school, eight years... I've liked you for eight years!"

Why.. Eight years. He loved me for eight years.. What have I been doing for eight years for me not to notice his feelings for that long time..

I'm such an idiot..

He's too good for me.. I don't deserve him..

Finally, he woke a sleeping side of me..

"We may not be able to see each other in the future, that's why, before you leave, I wanted to tell you everything I've felt about you.. right until this very moment.." he bowed his head and pulled me into a tight embrace,— an embrace so tight, that it would seem that he didn't want me to go..

I felt his tears, his frustration.. The hug suddenly became tighter that it started to hurt..

"But what's this, ‘I'm leaving today’?"..
He sobbed, "That's just cruel.."

I didn't know what came into me but, I returned his embrace. I don't want to leave without saying a proper goodbye.

I had to say it..

I have to..

I need to..

I want to..

"I like you too.. I want to return your feelings, I'd love to be with you.. Don't worry, I'll go back for you.. I won't let this one pass.."

And with a a ray of love and hope, we separated hoping to see each other in the near future.

🌸

© All rights reserved.
     Blossom Heart 🌸