17

I looked around outside when I got there, and see no sign of him. I groaned loudly making a mother and a small child look at me weirdly so I just smiled and started walking the way I knew we had come while taking out my phone and found a way to BART.

I walked quickly simply not wanting to be bothered and soon my map was gone and Dominic’s name popped up. I hit ignore not caring what he had to say and then turned right and put my phone away since all I had to do was walk straight to the BART station.

I walked quickly and when I was threw the door type things I walked up the stairs and sat on the first bench that was completely empty.

The BART train wasn’t due for another 10 minutes and I just started playing with the edge of my shorts.

I heard my phone go off and pulled it out seeing Dominic’s number yet again. I took a deep breath, wondering if he was looking for me. Then, as if something hit me I hit ignore and then went to my dial pad typing in Barnie’s shop number and heard it ring and ring and ring.

“Barnie is busy, how can I help you?” I heard a monotone girl’s voice come through the phone, and even though it held no emotion I knew it was Helena.

“Helena! Hey, it’s Jesy.” I announced like we were old friends, we were but it just felt weird.

“Hey!” She sounded way more hyper now that she knew it was me. “Are you coming by?” She asked quickly after and I had to laugh.

“Yeah, I’m on my way back over right now.” I said and laughed a bit when I heard a sigh on the other end.

“Were you here earlier? I wish you would have stayed… we could have caught up.” She whined and I just smiled.

“I know but I am with my dance partner and we were both hungry so he took us to Pier 39 and then he took me ice skating.” I rushed knowing she was just like Barnie when she heard that I was around a boy.

“So, after all that he is still just your dance partner?” She sounded as if she was hinting at something but I chose to ignore it.

“Yeah.” I said simply, not giving a rats-ass if it sounded real or not, it was the truth.

“We’ll talk more when you get here… is he coming?” She asked like someone was going to eavesdrop on us.

“No, he ditched me when I went to give back the ice skates.” I said and heard her gasp.

“He must be one of those self-absorbed assholes!” I heard her shout and then a gasp come from her.

“Not in the lightest, but I’ll tell you about it later, do you know if the outfits we left with your dad are ready yet?” I asked and she just pondered out loud.

“No, he said something about closing later tonight.” She said and I just let my shoulder fall… so much for leaving earlier before Dominic had a chance to find me.

Shit he has my car keys anyways!

Fuck me!

“Well I am getting on the next BART train and see you soon.” I said and she made an approval sound and then I heard a click.

I looked at my phone and saw the symbol for a new voicemail on the top. I sighed knowing it was Dominic and decided to at least hear what he had to say.

I hit play, typed in my password and held it to my ear.

“Jes, I don’t know where you are! Why did you leave? I went to the bathroom for 5 minutes and I come back and you are gone! Why the fuck did you leave me? Really Jesy! Jezzus and now you are forwarding my calls. If you listen to this I hope you are at the BART station because I am almost there now and if you hear this don’t get on the next train until I am there.” He sounded as if he was running, and already out of breath.

The bathroom… why didn’t I think of that? Seriously! I feel so stupid and I hope he doesn’t take out anything on me. I would deserve it but- damn I just feel stupid!

I leaned back as a train came in and was headed to SF but I stayed seated.

When it took off I heard the screeching of the wheels starting to turn. I huffed hoping he didn’t rush in the doors at the last moment thinking I got on.

 I sat forward running my hand through my hair and just felt rash for even thinking Dom was that cruel.

Yeah he might be mean to people who are mean to him first, and yeah he might end every fight  someone else’s starts but that doesn’t mean he is cruel and would leave me in a unknown city.

I sat back when I heard someone sit next to me, hoping it was Dom I looked towards the person­ with a small smile, a sorry sort of smile.

“Hello… weren’t you that girl who was flirting with me earlier?” The guy said, and I knew that was a pick up line because I have never seen this guy in my entire life.

“No.” I said looking away.

“I was so sure it was you, but hey, why don’t we make this situation less awkward and you agree to go out with me?” He asked and I just looked him over, his face, not hit body.

“I’m okay, really.” I said and looked away and just pleaded and chanted Dominic to hurry up.

“Well, I can always be a stalker type if you’re into that kind of thing.” He said whispering in my ear making me jump away.

“I already told you no.” I said getting up and walking closer towards the stairs.

“I can be that type of guy that doesn’t take no for an answer too, wait, I already am... come on just go out with me.” He said and I wished I had never stood up. He had full view and made it known he was taking advantage but looked me up and down and biting his lip.

“I think the girl said no.” I heard another girl shout and walk over towards me. “Now leave.” She seethed and dragged me behind her.

“Thanks.” I whispered when we were finally farther away.

“Are you okay?” I heard her ask and then when I looked up I saw Dominic coming up the stairs and look around.

I just broke away from her and ran to him. I felt so scared and never wanted to leave him again, even if I was mad.

“Hey… what’s wrong?” He asked noticing how I was hugging him tightly.

“Guess you’re the boyfriend?” I heard the girl who made the guy back off ask.

“Not really.” Dom answered and held onto me a little tighter. “But you can tell me what happened.” He encouraged.

“She was spooked, the guy down there was harassing her and even when she walked away he followed.” She said and then I heard another train on the other side pull up. “This is me… make sure she’s okay.” The lady said and I just held on tighter.

“Which guy was it?” I heard Dominic ask and I heard the venom in his voice.

“Don’t worry about it. Please.” I whispered and backed up showing him I wasn’t as frightened anymore.

“No, which guy was it?” He demanded looking behind me.

“Please Dom?” I begged and he just looked down at me and saw something in me, I don’t know what but I knew he did.

Because right after looking at me he seemed to relax and soon after he pulled me under his arm and just hugged me.

“This is why you don’t run away and why you always answer your phone.” He scolded and I just nodded into his chest as he cradled me there.