18

“That the guy?” I heard Dominic ask as we got off of the BART train. He has been asking about every guy who got on the same stop.

“I told you that I am not telling you.” I said and looked out the window.

“Just tell me, I’ll set him straight.” He mumbled the last part and I just shook my head getting up as he helped me up.

I was following and his arm wrapped around me middle bringing me closer to him. “We are taking a taxi.” He said when we got out of the BART station and guiding me to the closest Taxi.

“Hello, where are we going today?” I heard someone ask and looked in the driver seat to see a guy playing on his phone.

“Barnie’s.” I supplied as Dom closed the door.

There was no more talking after that. Dominic and I had separated and didn’t look at each other. It was very different than before when he was holding me close as he warded off that guy, who was sitting right in front of us, than trying to hit on me again.

“Here we are.” The guy said hitting the breaks sharply.  I was sent forward but my seat belt stopped me, but I also felt Dom’s arm reach over and hold me as well.

“You okay?” He asked and I just nodded.

“21.44.” The guy shouted as I stepped out, I had my wallet in my hand paid before Dominic could count out the 1 dollar and 44 cents. I gave the guy 25 and told him to keep the change and turned to see Dominic staring at me.

“I should have paid; I did make us take a cab in the first place.” He said putting his money away.

“I got it; you paid for Ice Skating and lunch so I paid for the taxi.” I said and started walking in, this time he was following me. Then I remembered Helena. I stopped feeling Dominic’s hands grab me as he bumped into me.

“What’s up?” He asked walking ahead of me but when he started for the door I grabbed his hand and pulled him back. “What?” He asked looking at me fully now.

“Barnie’s daughter is in there, and she is going to make fun of us… she will either try and flirt with you or just make us both uncomfortable with her fake assumptions of us being more than just dance partners.” I said and he seemed more confused.

“Not that I mind but why is she doing that?” Dom asked with a small smirk on his face.

“Because she wants what her dad wants… me to have my first boyfriend we can talk about and I have juicy details.” I said rolling my eyes. I huffed and walking past him and seeing him smirk as he walked close behind me yet again.

I opened the door and walked through quickly. “Barnie! Helena!” I shouted and went right into the back this time seeing no one up front.

“Jesy!” I heard someone scream from behind me and when I turned I was hit with the being of Helena. “I missed you so, so much, but I have so many things to tell you about college! I mean it is so fun when you aren’t around your parents and they don’t tell you what you can and can’t do!” She rambled and I heard Dominic stifling his laugh making Helena turn back to him. “That’s your dance partner? He is so hot!” She shouted the last part right in my face and I flinched. “I’m Helena… you are?” She asked staying by me and eye raping Dominic who seemed to look more uncomfortable.

“Dominic… but everyone calls me Dom.” He nodded and didn’t offer to walk over and shake her hand like he had done with Barnie earlier.

“Is your dad done with the costumes?” I asked before she could rant on and on again.

“Uh? I don’t know… lets go check!” She shouted before running down the hallway and into her dad’s office.

“Barnie!” I shouted when we saw he wasn’t in there.

“Daddy!” Helena shouted before rushing out of the room and squishing past Dominic.

“She is so hyper.” Dom said as we both walked out of Barnie’s office in search of where ever Helena ran off to.

“Always has been.” I muttered and heard an ‘I found him!’ from down the hall. I started walking off and felt Dominic right behind me, and when I slowed down I felt his breath on the back of my neck.

“I seriously think there is potential.” I heard Helena say giddily and when I found her she was jumping up and down while Barnie was fixing something on a white jacket.

“Potential for what?” I asked seeing them both look over at Dominic and I.

“You two of course.” Barnie said and I just rolled my eyes.

“Don’t you think she is beautiful Dominic?” I snapped my eyes over to Helena as she tried to look innocent.

“UH-“

SO I GRADUATED TODAY AND I MIGHT HAVE A POTENTIAL JOB STARTING NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! THINGS SEEM TO BE LOOKING UP!!!! PLUS AM ON MY WAY TO SEE HOW TO TRAIN A DRAGON 2 TOMORROW!!!

CLASS OF 2014... BEST YOU'VE EVER SEEN!!