Chapter 2

[Note: Didn't get as far along as I wanted to... So Hero Costume will be in the next chapter! Sorry guys!]

I did not want to use my quirk, to be perfectly honest. It was complicated, and part of it, the part I would need for these tests, was easily recognizable.

Very easily.

"Umm... I don't mean to be offensive... but your quirk kind of reminds me of that villain from a while back. What was his name again...?"

I try not to look too irritated, giving her a thin smile. She was a girl that had been hanging around the rabbit, and so far had not demonstrated any particularly fantastic ability. In fact there was little to no evidence of her quirk so far. Perhaps the next test would show it?

"White Fang."

"That's right, that's him! How did you know? Ah, you must get that a lot then..."

"I should hope so."

She seems baffled by my blunt reply, but I merely twitch an ear at her, turning away to watch our classmates. So far I had only transformed my lower legs and had brought out my tail. My wolf-like ears come out at the slightest indication of my quirk, so they stood atop my head proudly. My feet were large wolf paws, my tail reaching to behind my knees and of the same genome. Yet I was no wolf. My father's quirk was very useful for physical situations, but it was not where my true strength laid lurking.

White Fang. A villain with a werebeast quirk who could transform his body at will into a creature that seemed a combination of a large wolf and a panther. Associated with numerous sporadic mass murders and destruction. A deranged, mad creature who's only love lay in the terror of others.

My father. My beloved, misunderstood father, who never had the courage to explain himself. And who would never get that chance now.

I take in a deep breath, pulling myself away from such dark thoughts. I could lose myself in them later, when everyone around me was asleep or busy with their own responsibilities. I snap back into the present in time to witness the magnificent display of a baseball spiraling endlessly into the air.

So gravity alteration was her quirk... that would explain a few things. I smile wryly to myself as she's followed by the one person in the class I have no trouble understanding. The aggressive, volatile boy by the name of Bakugou Katsuki. Aptly named, given his quirk of explosions. I admire the loud sound and burst of heat as the baseball goes soaring, a part of me purring internally at the satisfactory sense of destruction.

"Takenaka. You're up. No half-assing this time."

Oh. He noticed? Darn. I was holding out for the long distance run... I sigh heavily as I walk up to the plate, eyeing the baseball I'm given with a wary uneasiness. This is not a matter of how far I can throw it, despite the rules of this examination. I get into position, transforming my right arm and the muscles of my shoulder as I wind up. I get a glance of my green tail swaying in anticipation in the corner of my eye.

I pause, looking over to where Aizawa-sensei stood staring at me with a bored expression, the class behind him peering to look at me.

"Umm... After I throw this... could you...?"

He sighs, but doesn't look very surprised.

"I've got you."

I nod, more so to myself as I return to looking at where I want the ball to go. I snap my body forward with great momentum, the ball soaring from my furred palm and high into the air. A perfect throw....

For an extremely long distance game of fetch.

I am barely restrained from lunging after it by the teacher's hand on my collar, and some laughter breaks out amongst a few of my classmates. I close my eyes to avoid the temptation, breathing out very slowly as I force my quirk into deactivation. When I open my eyes and look at my fellows, three are still enveloped in laughter.