Chapter 3

Four siblings is enough to keep anyone busy. Especially when you're the favorite. Even so, my family meant nearly everything to me.

Which was why I hadn't gone straight home. Our family was split between two living spaces. My adoptive father, oldest brother, and oldest sister all lived in the family estate, while my adoptive mother, younger brother, baby sister and I lived in an odd little place in the city. It had been this way for a long time, and I certainly wasn't unhappy with it. My adoptive parents had technically split up when I was 7, but since they'd had kids, they still saw each other. Especially after they had my baby sister by accident. Not that it had ended on bad terms anyways.

Sometimes the person you knew turns into someone you don't, or you both change in ways that nobody could have understood. It happens. My family was still happy, which was all I cared about.

My elder sister greeted me with a big hug at the door to the family estate, which I gladly returned. Her womanly curvature and the fact she wasn't the skinniest of girls made her just the best to hug. I wasn't surprised to see the familiar shoes of her boyfriend by the door as I slipped mine off, still in the warm, soft hug.

"I missed you! You haven't visited all week!"

"Sorry, sorry. I had the written exams and hero costume measurements for school, and Hiiro just started elementary school so he's been pretty bent out of shape."

"No excuses!"

She pulls away with a pout, while I just smile. It doesn't take her longer than a fraction of a second to notice the problem with that smile. She sighs a little, leading me to her room, which is surprisingly vacant of any male. Her boyfriend must be talking with my brother or my adoptive father. My older brother worked with her boyfriend at the family company, and while their union was technically due to the introduction of them by her father, the pair had hit it off pretty well.

Wouldn't be too surprised if there was news of a wedding after she finishes her last year of high school.

She sits me down on her bed, completely used to my awkward movements as I lay back into the firm softness. She sits next to me, holding what looks to be a mug of tea. I never stay long enough to enjoy one, since our houses are so far apart.
I look over at her, getting a good look at her. She looks like she's lost a few pounds... and her hair is shorter.

Well, she's still as beautiful as always

"Did you get a haircut?"

"Mhm! A few days ago! I got it done with some friends. Speaking of friends, tell me about U.A.!"

"It's not so different from any other school... just a lot larger, more modern, and you know, heroes walking around like normal teachers. Oh, and the ignorant classmates."

"Aww come on! Isn't there anyone you found interesting?"

"In a room with twenty people with the potential to become heroes who have the strangest of quirks, it's hard to find anyone NOT interesting. But yes, there were a few that stood out."