Chapter 3

I woke up to Charlie jumping on me. It had to be at least two a.m.

"Big sis i heard a clatter!" He yelled.

"Huh?" I responded. I had no idea what he was talking about. Must've learned a new word at school or something. I got out of bed and allowed him to drag me to my fathers room. He woke my father up saying what he said to me. I looked at the ceiling when I heard something on the roof.

"See! A clatter." Charlie said, annoyed we hadnt understood the first time. We all threw on our coats and shows and ran outside. Dad was in his coat and underwear. A man in a red suit was on the roof. What the hell!

"Hey, you!" Dad yelled. The man, or possibly Santa, turned to look at my dad and slipped and fell. Charlie and I ran over to him. We looked at him, and then at each other.

"It's Santa. You killed him!" We said in unison, looking at our father.

"I did not." He said. We looked back at Santa but he disappeared. There was nothing but his clothes left.

I looked back at the house and was shocked. When the hell did that get there, what the hell is happening? There was a latter that lead to the roof, and I climbed it after Charlie. Santa's sleigh was on our roof, reindeer and all. Dad came up carrying Santas suit. Charlie was in the sleigh, I was petting the reindeer.

"Hey there Dasher!" I said scratching under his mouth after reading his name tag, he lifted his head a little while leaning into my hand.

"(Y/n) get away from them. They could have fleas or lime disease!" Comet made a noise at him as I walked over to the sleigh annoyed.

"Whatever dad." I said and got in the front with Charlie. Dad followed me.

"Come on you two. Let's go back inside and I'll call 911 and animal control." Charlie pouted and said no. Then I noticed the reigns. I smiled at Charlie while dad was convincing him to go inside.

"Why is everything I wanna do stupid." He said. I turned to look at dad as I grabbed the reigns.

"That's not what I meant." The silence was deadly. I smiled at Charlie as I yelled.

"Hey Chars guess what!" I said. Dad looked at me suspiciously. Charlie tilted his head.

"On Dasher on Prancer, on Donner and Blitzen-" and before I could finish the reindeer took off at full speed. At first, my sixteen year old mind tried to rationalize the fact that these were reindeer and couldnt actually fly. But the rationalizing stopped the second we took flight. I controlled them pretty well for someone whose never driven a magic sleigh before. Let alone magic reindeer. Dad flew backwards into the back seat of the sleigh. He put on the Santa's suit after my brother begged him to. And then we went and delivered gifts. Then when it was time to go home, i fell asleep laying in the back, dad was flying the sleigh, Charlie fell asleep laying on me. And instead of being taken back to our house, we were taken to the north pole. When me and Charlie woke up we were inside a large barn filled with kids. And then, I noticed someone who looked really familiar. He was someone tall. He had a weird hat and a funny looking sweater on that was similar to the one a certain someone wore when I first met them seven years ago. And black hair that was braided here and there. A spray of glitter dusting his cheeks. There was no doubt about it. This is the same person I was hoping to see again.  Bernard!