Chapter 8

I looked at my mother with pure hatred as me and dad walked into the the court room hall. My mother looked at me cheerfully. "Honey! Come here and give ma-" I flipped her off in annoyance.

"Sit and twist. If you think 'buttering me up' is gonna make me forgive you and you're hair brained hippie boyfriend for what you're doing to me and Chars just because your childhoods were horrible. Then you're. Dead. Wrong." I growled. Both my father, mother, and Neil stared at me in shock. Neil and my mother slowly dragged their eyes from me to dad. Shock turning into angry surprise. 

"Is this what you're teaching the kids, Scott? You must be what's making them act like this." Asked Neil. I growled.

"Actually, you pea brained hypocrite, you and your girlfriend are whats making me like this. You're trying to take me away from the person I wanna stay with!  And you're trying to turn both me and Charlie against dad. Well," I said looking at them.

"Good. Fucking. Luck."  The lawyer came out with Charlie before anyone could reprimand me for my language, although i knew no one would when my father smiled proudly at me and my mother started crying while Neil hugged her and stared at me in disbelief. Chars ran over to me after talking to dad and I picked him up glaring at my mother and step father. "Miss, its time I take your statement." I nodded at the lawyer and set Charlie down and followed the guy into the room he had just exited.

"Has you're father taken you and you're brother to the North Pole?" He asked. Get dad custody that's the goal. i shook my head.

"No. He read Chars a bedtime story, The Night Before Christmas, on Christmas Eve. Charlie and dad and I all had the same dream that made us think we had been to the Pole. Its not the first time me and Charlie had a shared dream so it's not uncommon for us to experience the same weird after effects. Its the first time we shared one with a third person but, still." He nodded and wrote something down again.

"Can you explain how your father's appearance has changed so drastically?" Easy answer.

"No sir, I don't. he doesn't either. We've been to the doctors many times but they said it's stress. Other's said it could just be the years catching up with him. Although I know he hasn't purpoely done this. He died his hair back to its original color, two days later it was back to white." He nodded.

"Can you explain Charlie's obsession or the children lined up at his soccer game." I nodded.

"I've explained to Charlie we dreamed the event but, because my mother and her boyfriend are constantly trying to ruin his childhood, he's latched on the idea the event was real. As for the kids at his soccer game," I paused to take a swig of the soda the man had given me.

"The kids had lined up on their own while dad was watching Chars play. They thought he was the real Santa, he'd move away they'd move closer." He nodded and wrote something down, this time I tried seeing what he wrote but he moved the paper away.

"You said your mother and step father have tried to constantly ruin his childhood?" I nodded.

"They don't really let him be a kid. They told him Santa wasn't real. Easter bunny wasn't real. Told him they gave him money not the tooth fairy. Exsetera." He nodded and wrote something down once more.

"Thank you miss." I nodded.

They gave dad full custody of me. But he can't keep or see Charlie. He can only see him through pictures. I smiled sadly up at my father.

"At least you got me daddy!" I said sadly. He looked at me through his tearfilled eyes and hugged me.

"At least I have you." He repeated. We walked to the car, and when we got home. We sat down in a heap crying while hugging each other.

"Dad we gotta do something."