Chapter 7

I ended up falling asleep while cuddling Bernard. He used his magic to go back to the Pole, leaving me a sweet note with promises of seeing me again soon, and wishing me sweet dreams. I sighed. My dad walked into my room and I gasped. He looks more like santa now! He sadly walked over to my bed and rubbed my leg.

"You're mom and Neil want full custody of you and your brother. And," he looked at me.

"And what dad?" I said suspiciously.

"Shes wants to to take away my visitation rights." I looked at him as tears slid down my face.

"She can't!" I cried. How will I ever see Bernard then?! He nodded solemnly.

"Its because my appearance is changing. And they think I'm purposely doing it to confuse Charlie" he said.

"But that's not true!" I yelled. He nodded.

"I know."

"Daddy we gotta make them believe!" I said through my tears. He looked at me in pain and hugged me. He knew I was upset because I haven't called him daddy since I was eleven.

"Dad we gotta! We just gotta make them believe. I'll never see you again. And Charlie! They'll make Charlie not believe in you!" I cried. He nodded his head.

"I know honey I know." I cried.

"I'm sixteen they can't take me away! I choose were I wanna be and i wanna stay with you dad!" He chuckled sadly.

"I dont think you have a choice this time honey."