Chapter 2

"Where are you Ruby? I have called you so many times why are you not answering my call?" She heard her mother's voice on the other side of the phone. She was angry.

"Mama I was busy" Ruby replied. She knew her mother gets anxious when her children dont answer the phone. "I was with parents of a student. Sorry"

"Oh no problem. Its okay I know you are a busy bee but you know me too." Ruby knew her mother was smiling now.

Ruby and Bella Kaif were very close. They shared a bond which very few mother and daughter share. They discussed everything with each other, went shopping and watched movies together. Ruby talked about the new cute guy in her class and her mother discussed how she changed the recipe of some cake and it turned out so much better than the original recipe.

"Yes Mama I know. I am a grown up now, stop worrying about me my sweet little pony." Ruby called her mother by one of the hundred nick names she had for Mrs. Kaif.

"Stop calling me that, lovely" She giggled.

"And you stop calling me that" Ruby giggled too.

"Ali called today Ruby" Bella said. " He wants to take you for lunch. He said he called you but you didnt answer"

"So he called you? Urgh." Ruby got irritated. " Mama I am not going out with him. Tell him I am busy"

" Even on Sunday? Stop avoiding him. He likes you. Why dont you give him a chance?" Her mother asked.

" Because I dont want to" Ruby replied. She felt her cheeks getting hot. " I dont want to give him a chance mama. I dont want to go out with him and I dont want to get married to that spineless jerk." Her voice was now loud and harsh. She was angry with the thought of going out with Ali Rizvi.

Ali was son of his dad's friend who passed away when Ali was only 16. Now he was 29 and well settled. At such a young age he got his shit together. Like really.

He was a good looking guy with a decent sense of dressing which was a huge factor in Ruby's eyes. He was working with a multinational company and had a very durable luxury car. He was now saving money to buy a 3 bedroom apartment in a posh area.

For the last 2 years Ali was trying to get married with a suitable girl which was Ruby. He liked her and thought she was his best match. They both were hardworking and very organized.

But Ruby was not interested. She liked him but not enough to marry him.

"Watch your tone Ruby" Her mother was getting angry too. " He is a really good guy. Why dont you wany to give him a chance? Tell me one reason."

"Fine. I hate his mom. And his mom hates me. Infact she hates me thats why I hate her. Now you got your reason, can we please close Ali's chapter now mama?" Ruby tried to sound little less harsh.

"His mom? What is wrong with you girl." He mother sounded exhausted now. " If you keep rejecting boys like this Ruby you will die single. Mark my words."

Before Ruby could speak she heard the low beep on the phone indicating that her mother was not on the call anymore.

"Urgh. I hate this." She threw her phone on the sofa next to her.

.
.
.

After a long tiring day Ruby wanted to go home and sleep but she had one last call to make.

"Where is the card? Where is the card?" She was searching in her black leather hand bag.

After looking for a while she finally discovered a mint green visiting card.

"Colors and copies" She read the card. "Nice name for a stationary shop"

She dialled the number given on the visiting card. After ringing for a while someone finally answered.

"Hello. Colors and copies. How can I help you" A sweet female voice said.

"Hello. I am Ruby Kaif from Gold Field school. Are you Eenaar Ahad?" She asked.

"No no. I am Laila his manager. Eenaar is not here at the moment" Laila answered quickly. "Are you Ruby Kaif? The real Ruby Kaif? From Gold Field?"

"Yes. Why?" Ruby smiled knowing the that girl was not expecting her call.

"No. Nothing. Just asking". She said trying to hide her excitment "Eenar will be here in almost 45 minutes. I will tell him you called."

"Its okay. Your shop is on my way I will visit it personally tomorrow" She said making a to-do note in her mind. "Thanks for your time. Take care."

"Yeah sure. You too take care" Laila said joyfully.

Ruby felt so proud of herself yet again. Her name and the name of her school was a brand now. People knew she was the name behind Gold Field. She arranged her handbag, took car keys and left the office.

From office to home a sweet and proud smile never left her lips.

.
.
.

**Thanks for reading this far. Why do you think Ali's mother hates Ruby? Any guesses? Do give your feedback. Love you. Bye**