Chapter 3

Attending a family function was not Ruby's cup of tea. She always tried to avoid meeting her extended family, only because there was nothing common between her and them

"Mama can I please stay at home?" Ruby rubbed her mom's shoulder and insisted.

"Why? it will be fun. Mrs. Naik called today she was telling me about the venue and all the preparations." Her eyes were wide with excitement. "Ruby its not going to be a ordinary family wedding. The son in law of Mrs. Naik is a billionaire. who knows may be you will also find a billionaire at the wedding" Her mom winked at her.

"Mom you are so..." She paused at bit to think of a word that describes her mom the best. "Weird and desperate"

A loud laugh came out of Bella's mouth. She clapped her hands and continued laughing for at least 10 minutes. Her eyes were filled with tears when she stopped laughing and looked at Ruby.

"Let's get ready" She dragged Ruby to her bedroom. "You have 25 minutes kiddo" She waved her and closed the door of her bedroom.

.

.

.

" I am going to be the most over dressed person on the event mama" She looked down at her lilac colored floor length gown embellished with silver embroidery and pearls. Silver high heels were adding more bling to her look " Don't make me do this. Its not my style you know that"

"Please. don't make such a big deal out of it. everyone is not going to look at you. You are over thinking ." Her mom ran her fingers in her hair. "It will be fun."

"Yea right." Ruby was already tired before even reaching the venue.

After a 45 minutes drive Bella and Ruby were finally at the wedding venue. It was a huge white building surrounded by lush green lawns. The building was covered with white lights, for a moment Ruby thought the building itself was made of fairy lights. Lawns were filled with crazy amount of flower decorations, even the trees in the lawns were hidden under the sparkling fairy lights.

The entrance was decorated with pink and white flowers. The air was filled with sweet fragrance of roses.

Bella and Ruby sat on a table which was in the middle of lawn. Photographers were clicking picture of every guest doing anything. Slow music was playing in the background and guests were chatting and roaming around. She recognized many faces among the guests. Her shy and reserved cousin Zai, was not looking so shy and reserved now, she was chatting with a large group of young girls and boys and was successfully showing off her huge bust and perfectly toned legs in her dark red knee slit maxi. Ruby was surprised.

Bella waved to a small group of ladies and walked towards them. Ruby recognized two of them. One was Mrs Naik, mother of the bride and the other familiar face was of Sara, she was sister in law of the bride.

Ruby was now alone and checking out everything on her table and her surrounding while playing with her loosely curled hair dangling on her shoulders. A huge banner saying "BORED" was hanging on her face if anybody bothered to look closely.

"Hey" Ruby heard a fruity male voice near her ear. She instantly looked behind her and bumped her head into someone who was standing a bit too close.

"Ouch" She groaned. " What the hell?"

"Oops. I am sorry. I didn't mean to startle you darling" He said apologetically, still rubbing his forehead.

"What are you doing here? And who are you" She asked, now looking at the guy standing in front of her. Ruby always felt a soft corner in her heart for men who were tall and very well dressed, and this guy had both these qualities. Her mouth curved in a smile.

" I am Mikael Said. I am friend of the groom." He had a soft smile on his pale lips. "And you are?"

"I am Ruby Kaif. Cousin of the bride" She replied in the same tone as his.

"Do you want to know why I scared you?" He now dragged a chair beside Ruby and sat.

"Sure. Tell me" She said looking at the bride who was now making a grand entrance. All the photographers ran towards the bride not wanting to miss a second of the event.

"You look stunning" He answered, his eyes fixed on her face.

"Wow. That was unexpected. Thanks for the compliment." She felt her heart miss a beat.
.
.
.
**I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading. Please leave you comment and vote. Next episode will be uploaded tomorrow. Till thn have fun. Byee**