Chapter One

A year had gone by since Anya had been rejected and let her mate go his own way and the pull had gotten stronger, this day being the worst.

Anya had woken up, coughing up large clouts of blood and sucking in air that felt like needles against her throat. It was absolutely horrible and she'd been so scared. The weeks before this she'd felt sick, constantly swaying from side to side as she tried to catch her dinner for the week and it came to the point where she had to sit a hunting out. Effectively losing her nights dinner.

More blood spilled from her mouth as Anya made up her mind. She had to see where the bond was coming from. It was too strong to ignore and in all of her years living, she'd never felt this bad. Anya packed everything important to her into her bearskin bags. She wrapped a bag of herbs over her left should and swung a bag on dried meat over her right making sure that the straps were tightly knitted. Next she'd grabbed her knives, ones she'd made from the bones of deer and slipped them into her cheaply made boots. Anya clipped her canteen of fresh, clean water to the side of her clothes wrapped around her hip and grabbed the spear she'd made when she first entered the woods on her own. She then wrapped a bear skin scarf around her mouth in hopes that it would help with her breathing, though it only proved to do nothing and she quickly discarded it.

The further away from her cave she got the more Anya felt better but seven miles out and the sun had started to set. Anya hadn't realized how much time had went by until she pulled out her man-made sun dial. Anya sighed and sat down, at the rate she was going she knew she wasn't going to get to wherever the pull was coming from if she didn't hurry up but she was tired and the pull still felt a ways away concluding her theory on it being across the boarder. That only left one option for her, humans. They had the transportation she needs and would help her enough so that she could get rest in between.

Anya unwrapped her pouch from around her and grabbed a piece of fired deer meat that was seasoned by black pepper. It tasted like deer jerky to her but if a human ever tasted this they'd puke it out, partially because an animals sense of taste, smell, hearing and sight is much more advanced then a humans. They could taste what humans can't meaning they needed less seasoning and less talking.

Anya are quietly as she thought about the year behind her and what was ahead of her. She only hoped that this pull was not a figment of her imagination and that it brought her more peace then it would chaos. While munching on the piece of jerky her eyes roamed over the blooming green and red leaves.

It were beautiful this time a year and the weather was perfect. It was not to warm but not too cold and it left her with at least two months to hunt and dry up meat for the upcoming winter before animals went into hibernation but she guessed hibernation wasn't all that bad. It did make killing animals a lot easier for her but her cheaply put together bear skinned boots did nothing to block out the cold which only resulted in frostbite. Staying inside her cave was the best option for her. Anya stood up and began to rewrap he dried fruits and meats before grabbing her spear and heading deeper into the woods.

If she wanted to rest tonight and get to a bus station tomorrow, it would take her at least 20 more miles before she reached human civilization.

—————————————————

Author's Note:

If you guys have any comments, questions or concerns please PM me or leave it in the comments.

And don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more updates and books!!!!

Published: August 9th 2018
Edited: September 1st 2019