The Date

As I rode the elevator back down to my floor, I pulled out my phone and texted Shaye quickly. Soooo..don't get a big head over this..but you were right  my phone beeped with a return message as I stepped out the elevator head's already swelling! Give me the tea!

We had lunch together at his office and he was definitely flirting with me. He asked me to dinner tonight….

Please tell me you said yes!

Weelllll I told him I'd let him know before I left the office…

Mia! Don't worry I’ll let you know! tell him yes! what could it hurt?

I thought about that as I sat in my office chair,staring blankly at the wall. Mixing business with pleasure never ended well but I'd never heard of any hint of scandal attached to Kale and he'd been completely respectful in his office. Besides there was something…..intriguing… about him, and I had never felt such a urge to get to know a person better before. I was usually slow to develop an interest in someone, Im naturally hesitant to form bonds and I must admit..a bit of a pessimist… but there was just something about him, I had to know more.

Alright I texted Shaye back I'll go but if I get beamed up to the mothership I'm blaming you!  I smiled at the laughing alien emoji she sent back and took a deep breath. Just as I started the message a knock came at my half closed door. I looked up in surprised at the delivery man standing there. “ Yes, may I help you” I asked confused, he was holding what looked like a vase with a dozen roses and a clipboard.

“Yes I have a delivery here for Mia Johnson” he said walking forward

“ That’s me” I said standing up hoping I didn't look as confused as I felt. Who could have sent me flowers though? It wasn't my birthday and I couldn't think of anything special I’d done lately that would warrant someone sending me gifts.

“These are for you” he said setting the vase down on my desk before handing me the clipboard and indicating where I should sign at. I signed my name and murmured a thank you as he left, looking over the vase for a card. The flowers were a beautiful blush pink  with sprigs of baby breath throughout the bouquet.  Nestled in with the flowers I found and opened the star shaped card. With as awesome as you are, how could I not? I laughed out loud, glad he got the joke. Sometimes when I say that to people they think I'm full of myself but I'm not. In such an appearance conscious society, it took me awhile to be fully comfortable with my body and hey if I don't toot my own horn who will?

Hey thanks so much for the roses, they're beautiful! I you're still interested I would love to go out with you tonight. I texted him,  who was I kidding? I did want to go out with him and he had finished winning me over with the flowers.

Of course I am he texted back quickly and your most welcome. May I pick you up around 7:45? We have reservations for 8pm.

Sure that sounds great any dress code requirements?

Feel free to pull out all the stops, i know I will be. I smirked, challenge accepted already mentally reviewing what was in my closet.

My address is 1312 crescent ave, see you then. I put my phone down and got to work, I needed to leave a little early today to get my mission accomplished.