Chapter 10 - Confrontation and Blood

YOUR POV

I stood through the pillars of a rich house I had encountered. I was keeping an eye out for Ezio who I had been informed will be here.

I may have tricked him.

I wish we could have made up, I quit the Templars and live happily with him-- Maybe even grow old together...? But I still had business to do. I have to respect my father's last words until I die.

Even if it's to Ezio's blade.

I had sent Ezio a letter asking him to meet me here, pretending if something was up. I had been here for a few hours, in my Templar uniform. I plan on attacking him off-guard and slicing his throat before I have second thoughts.

I had been stargazing for the past hour, trying not to doze off. Until I heard the galloping of a horse. No one usually rode horses at this time of night and I had my hope up, like the last hundred times, I slowly peeked over and my head shot-up to see the hooded assassin arrive.

I popped down off of the roof and hid behind a bush. I was tired, yes. I had been waiting for 3 hours, so I didn't care where I hid.

We had the same amount of training, me and Ezio. We both hung out when we were little and climbed things either together or apart, and when Ezio trained with his uncle, I trained with my cousins. So if I started face-to-face combat, there is a %50 chance I would die. 

So if he was off-guard, I could kill him without him noticing until I pounce.

But the only thing that would destroy this plan is second thoughts.

If I flinched for even a second, I could die in an instant. I had to keep that in mind. 

He swept through the area, looking around unamused. "(Y/N)?" He called, no one was around.

He folded his arms with a frustrated sigh, "(Y/N)?" He called a little louder, trying not to wake up the surrounding houses. I just needed him to come closer to the bush. Obviously, that wasn't happening. I quietly swept myself behind a pillar which was closer to Ezio.

I observed his figure without noticing I had. I snapped myself out of it before sighing and leaping out of the bushes. I didn't make a noise so he didn't turn around in time, but I had failed and he moved, grabbing my shoulders before my knife stabbed him and he threw me to the floor, I hit the ground with a huff as he stumbled back, cradling the wound in his shoulder.

Somehow I had managed to pierce the skin slightly.

He stumbled over to me and picked me up by the collar, luckily I had wrapped the scarf around my face tightly so it didn't fall off.

"WHO ARE YOU!?" He screeched, spit flying into my face. He was enraged.

I attempted to mumble stop, but I couldn't get it out.

"WHERE IS (Y/N)!?" He shouted, closer to my face. I inspected his face and saw he was fighting back tears. He looked terrified, but not of me... Of where i am.

No, I can't think like that; I had to kill him.

"I--" I gulped, "Ezio--" 

"WHERE IS SHE!? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!?" He shouted, voice now breaking, a tear now roamed down his face as he pulled a blade to my throat. He was certain I had killed her. He had every right to be scared of what happened! He was supposed to meet her here ages ago!!

"Ezio--" 

Another tear rode down his face and once again he ignored it, he was crying. Why? I had known him all my life, so maybe he felt I was one of the last ones beside his mother and sister? maybe he loved me? who knows. I didn't know if we were dating after what happened. We hadn't spoken of it so I guess we have to live with knowing we like each other. He won't be alive to date me anyway...

I gulped down tears at the thought of me killing him. I had to. My father, he told me to. It was his last wishes.

"She's... she is safe" I mumble

"How do I trust you!?" He half-yelled, almost breaking down. He was stressed. Overwhelmed. People say men don't cry, but that isn't true. Everyone cries. Maybe its harder to make a man cry. A heartbreak can make a man sad, you have to break a man to have them cry. He had already lost his 6-year-old brother, his older brother and his own father. 

"Ezio..." I mumble, he lost his grip on my collar and dropped me to the floor, he turned away and wiped his hand over his face before turning around to face me again.

"Where is she." He demanded firmly, no tears in his voice. Just pure anger.

"I-- I cant tell you." I murmured.

He lunged at me with his blade, I dodged. "BASTARDO!" He screamed furiously lunging at me again.

I strafed away, stepping out of his range, I went to punch him and he grabbed my arm and punched me in the rib.

I stumble back in pain, I lunged at him this time, he grabbed my jaw with his hand, slowly clenching his hand, putting pressure on my face. He wished to crush it. 

I struggled to escape his grip. He pushed me against the wall, he wasn't strangling me, but he was crushing my face between his palm.

My scarf became loose.