Chapter 18 - Chasing

Y/N's POV

I am pregnant

it seems so weird when I say it

considering this is probably the thousandth time I have repeated it aloud... It's Ezio's.

I need to tell Ezio.

Where had he'd gone... if only I hadn't cast him out... I should've talked to him!!

that's when it hit me.

I had sent him off. Alone. In the middle of an assassin-templar war alone. Without a home.

I ran out the door immediately, still wearing my nightgown, I jumped onto my horse and sped off to Leo's. I pulled up and opened the door without notice, "LEO!" I shouted.

"u-uh yes?" I heard him mumble.

I walk around the corner to see him dead tired and hunched on top of his desk, I sigh and grab him a drink, pouring him a glass of water, "Where's Ezio?" I asked, handing him the glass.

"Thank you," he says and takes a sip, "Why are you over at near midnight?"

"I need to know where Ezio is" 

"He goes places depending on his mood, so what is it?" 

I sigh heavily, "Heartbroken?"

Leo looked concerned but straightened his back, "Okay, he usually goes to the next town..." 

"Okay! thank you!" 

"You're pregnant, you shouldn't be doing this alone, let me help." 

"okay..." 

---

Leo and I sped through the streets, getting some glares about how informally dressed we are, but we kept riding off. We had arrived in Venice, one of his favourite places to go for negative emotions.

We headed down the river at the docks... I remember when he was sad one time...

Flashback

Ezio: 15 /  Y/N: 14

I had the oversized raincoat draped over me as the rain poured down heavier than I have ever seen it before, I felt a thunk on my arm, I saw an ice cube.

It's Hailing.

I ducked for cover, stooping to the underhang of the roof's ledge. I watched as more Ice cubes came hailing down, crashing at the stone pathway.

I heard a boy shriek. I quickly batted my head over to see a boy with his hands over his head under the hail, sitting at the docks. I sighed heavily and ran over there, sharing the raincoat with him. He looks over at me curious, that's when his eyes widened, "(Y/N)?" he asked

I looked over to see it was Ezio, he cut it long hair so I didn't notice him, "Ezio! You cut your hair!" 

"It's horrible!" He whimpers, curling up so that his head rests on his knees, trying to hide his hair.

I giggled and turned him around so I was sitting behind him. I then placed my head on his back and nuzzled into his hair. "S-stop it! that tickles!" He flinched

I laughed and nuzzled into the back of his neck as he started wriggling in laughter and blushing.

-end of flashback-

I brushed passed the dark streets of Vienna, nothing so far, Before I heard a splash.

I headed over to the splash without Leo.

I rode over to see someone had fallen in, a head popped out, and I saw it was Ezio's head. His hair tie became undone and his long hair was soaking wet in the water, he was freezing so much that he was chattering.

I ran over to him, "Ezio!" I shrieked, he looked over and his eyes widened, before glaring at me and starting to swim away.

I looked around frantically, I was in my nightgown so I cant swim... actually...

I had to. This was Ezio and he was as stubborn as he can be. I jumped into the freezing night water as my nightgown filled with water. my hair was soon drenched as I basically chased Ezio around in the water.

Eventually, he tired out and sat on a nearby abandoned boat. I swam up next to him where he was panting. and I found myself panting too, I was so exhausted.

He started to laugh.

This wasn't how I planned it to be. I planned a heartwarming moment where we hugged and kissed and cuddled, but he was LAUGHING. what!?

"What!?" I blurted out

He giggled even more, "That was so much fun! I fell into the water! and then you chased me!" he breathed out between giggles and cries of laughter. I started to giggle as well. I guess it was fun.

I felt my stomach twist. I then remembered that swim was probably TERRIBLE for the child.

I started to panic, I need warmth now.

"What's wrong?" Ezio asked, looking concerned.

"Ezio! we-- I need to be warm! where is a fireplace? I need to find warmth now." I stood up, rocking the boat by accident, I didn't care though, I started trying to get back.

"Hey! hey!" he said, "What's wrong?" 

"I will explain later!" I breathed, hugging myself while chattering. he reached into the boat to find a thick blanket, he wrapped me in the blanket and cuddled me as I was swallowed by the blanket.

He breaths into my neck, "What's wrong?" he asks again.

"Ezio..." I chattered, feeling the warmth slowly come to me, "I'm pregnant with your child."