Chapter 16 - Good morning

Y/N's POV

Sunlight shone through my face, birds being too loud too early in the morning. I slowly take in my surrounding before attempting to move out of the bed, only to be stopped in my tracks on what is on me. An arm.

And that's when I saw Ezio wrapped around me, his leg over mine and arm around my waist. I guess he's a big spoon? 

Well, I guess I can cuddle back, I turned myself over to face him, I gave him a peck on the forehead before slowly escaping his hug. I got off the bed lightly and replaced my pyjamas with a normal dress, hoping Ezio didn't wake up.

I came downstairs and headed to the kitchen. I paused in my tracks...

Flashback

Y/N - 4

"You what!?" Mama roared

A heavy sigh came from papa, "It's nothing! I do it all the time! and I can get away with it too"

"So? how is this helping your statement!?" Mama screeched, I had been hiding around the corner at the time, I was only four years old.

"We are in no danger, I did it for the order."

"For the order, for the order" mama mocked, "I can't be married to a murderer! I'm taking (Y/N) and leaving!" She hissed, grabbing her purse from the table, I saw his hand grip on her arm, she gasped and turned to him as he cornered her onto the table.

"You listen here, you will NOT take my daughter away!" He spat furiously.

Mama clenched her jaw and slapped him hard with her purse, it was so powerful I could almost feel it by watching.

Papa stumbled back in pain, then collected himself, Mama started to walk off in a fast walk, "(Y/N)! Where are you!? We're leaving!" She hurried to the back door.

Father grunted, "No!" He bellowed, grabbing her arm and shoving her out of site, I heard a quick scream--

---

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" I was being shaken by someone, I turned to see a shirtless Ezio with bedhead. 

"H-huh!?"

"Y-You were crying," he said, wiping the tear from my face, I hadn't realized.

"I was?" I asked, placing a hand on my face, feeling my cheek almost soaked.

"What is it? You were like paralyzed?" He asked

I wipe my face to make sure I had dried it off, "U-uh yeah..."

I never knew what happened to Mama, what was the scream I did not know, I loved my father regardless. I couldn't assume he murdered his wife, I was scared in a way so I stopped calling him papa and I referred to him as Father instead.

But damn, I miss mama, she was a strong woman, it was rumoured she had taken down 2 guards before, which always amazed me, maybe I got that strength from her.

Of course, I hated him for a while after that, I accused him of making her leave, but I never left. Mama wouldn't want me on the streets hungry, and I wanted to respect my family name.

I came over to where Ezio had wandered off to, I think he was trying to make bacon, but failing horribly.

I giggled, walking over and slipping my hands through to help him. we spent the morning giggling and making bacon.

---

When we finally got to eat, I don't think we did much eating. He started kissing me and being playful and by the time he settled down the food went cold, he looked like a kicked puppy when he saw.

So, here we were, laughing and eating cold bacon.

"Jokes aside," Ezio started, relaxing his face, "I am going to go to Leo's place, maybe pick a fight with some templars on the way, you wanna come? not the fighting but-- yeah"

"Sure" I smiled warmly at him.

A while later we got up and left, now walking down the bright streets of Italy. 

Ezio paused, looked at his hand and looked up at the now cloudy sky, "Looks like it might rain soon" he smiled

"I think we still got time" I replied, now looking up

"Yeah, probably ten minutes--"

As he said that, it started to pour down rain. I laughed, "Spoke too soon, Ezzy"

He playfully shoved me, "shush, you"

It was relaxing, no longer having to fight him, and knowing he is mine and I am his. He is my safe place and I am his... But I must keep in mind, things can't always be like they are now.

Little did I know the worst wasn't over.