[3] (Part 2)

Your POV

That's the only thing the monster says.

"Then disappear." 

"Checkmate."

A cruel reply. Rias' voice gave me the chills.

DON!

A gigantic black mass of demonic-power is shot out from Rias' palm. It's so big that it can cover all of the monster's body. The mass of demonic-power devours the monster's body. 

When the demonic-power disappears, so did the monster's body.

Just like Rias said, it disappeared. Confirming that, Rias makes a sigh.

"It's over. Good work everyone."

Rias says it to the club members. Everyone returns back to their usual self. 

So the "Stray Devil" hunt is over, huh? The fate for the Stray Devils. I don't know what to say. 

That thing also left its master's side because it had something in its mind. 

So this is the battle of a Devil. It was a fierce fight. Along with the Stray Devils, there are still many things in this world I am unfamiliar with but kinda familiar too.

So I have to aim up high from here. Maybe I have to think in decades. Then I remembered the problem. The thing about position of Evil Pieces from earlier. Since I'm a servant of a Devil with peerage, then I should have a certain [Piece] too.

"Buchou, there is still a thing that you didn't tell us."

"What is it?"

Rias responds with a smile.

"My Piece.... more like, what is our role as a servant."

To tell you the truth, I already predicted the worst case. More like I knew it is that. But I still have a naive hope. There are two [Pieces] left since, Akeno is a [Queen], Koneko is a [Rook], and Kiba is a [Knight].

The [Bishop] and The [Pawn].

I was hoping for it, but it gets shattered instantly. The crimson-hair beauty smiles at me and says it clearly.

"You two are a [Pawn]. Ise,(Y/N) you two are a Pawn."

We're the lowest.

_________________________________

It's late it night, and I'm on my bike heading towards a particular house. Not a mansion or an apartment, but just an ordinary house.

It's my second time, so what shall I do? Since the client isn't living alone, won't the client's family see me? After all, I actually have to visit the house to make a contract. I was told before that ordinary human can't detect me, but does it apply to this situation as well?

I'm worried but I realise it when I'm about to push the bell. The entrance door is open.

Seriously, leaving the door open in the middle of the night.

HEARTBEAT

I suddenly felt uneasy. 

What is this? I have a really bad feeling. 

But I'm already walking into house. I look inside from the entrance. There are no lights in the hallway. There is a staircase that led to the second floor, but there are no lights on. There is only one room at the end of the first floor with some lights on, and it's a faint light.

Yeah, there's something definitely wrong. I feel no presence of any human.

Are they sleeping? Impossible. Then I won't be feeling this uneasiness. I take my shoes off at the entrance and carried them in my hand. I walk into the room without making a sound.