Chapter 5

Luhan sat on his bed, pondering what he had done to deserve this. He thought about all the years in his life and he never did something bad..... So why???

Why did the bacon come out burnt??

Why are the pancakes black instead of a golden brown??

And why the hell is there no more orange juice?!?!

He sighed as he leaned against the fridge. It's ridiculous how something so simple, seems impossible when in the hands of Luhan. He decided to just go to the café. Even though, Baekhyun would've scolded him for still not being able to make breakfast, right now, all he cared about was eating. So with that in mind, he decided to head to a place all too familiar for him.

He slid on a hoodie and his vans, which somehow magically matched his sweats. He grabbed his keys and his wallet and was soon out the door.

Luhan stood there for a while. Enjoying the soft breeze, and the smell of firewood that filled the air. He could smell the first batch of cookies from the small bakery down the street. The sounds of cars passing by and the quiet chatter of people walking down the street. All of this... Everything... Made Luhan feel something. Something that he rarely ever felt.... Peace.

His past was something he promised to never to talk about. He was born from a drug addict of a mother and his father was no different. He learned to take care of himself, with a little help of their neighbor, Choi Siwon. But that only lasted for so long. He soon died of old age but Luhan felt like he had lost a father... A friend...  A part of himself also died, knowing he was now left alone in that hell hole others liked to call "home".

One day after school, when he entered his "home", he saw that both of his "parents" were drunk. Too drunk to even notice that their son was home and hungry. Luhan tried to pass by them but was soon noticed and thrown to the wall.

Having a fragile figure, he felt how the strong wall was picking at his ribs. And how with every hit his father gave him, the wall seemed so majestic. So strong. So insuperable. Something Luhan wished he was.

And the last thing he remembers before blacking out was the sound of breaking glass and blood trickling down his face.

Till this day, he has no idea who saved him that day. How he woke up in the hospital. Who paid the medical bills. And though he was extremely thankful to that person for the great deed that not everyone dared to do... He sometimes wished he hadn't saved him.

But those thoughts go away at moments like these. When the wind blows through your hair, massaging your scalp. When the sky turns so blue, you don't feel blue anymore because the sky has enough. Or when it pours because he knows he's not the only one crying. Times like these were what he truly desired everyone could admire.

Lost in his thoughts, he soon found the door of his favorite café. The one owned by his best friend, Minseok. Thinking of the guy brought a smile to his face. He was so supportive and understanding that Luhan felt he didn't deserve such a nice guy as his best friend. But through his million attempts of shoving him away, Minseok showed him he cared and wanted to be there for him. Minseok was the only person who knew about his past and his current problems. That goes to show how much Minseok means to Luhan.

He pushed the door open, looking at his best friend who turned around at the sound of the bell ringing.

"Lulu hi!! The usual??"

"Hey umm yeah..", Luhan replied with a short chuckle. He walked over to the counter and sat on a stool right in front of Minseok. He gazed upon his best friend, who was now taking out all the ingredients needed for pancakes and the crispy bacon Luhan loved so much.

"So... Ms. Davis gave our class a lecture today and it wasn't like any other one. It was like two hours long!! Like, Lu, you don't understand. She sounds like that one granny that bakes cookies using humans and has the worst hygiene.... Like that one from Teen Titans Go! What's her name??" Minseok rambled on as he poured the pancake mix into the pan.

Luhan giggled at his friend's rant. He found it cute whenever he did that.

"Do you mean Mother Mae-Eye??"

"YEAH THAT ONE!! How do her pies taste?? The characters make them look so good.... Maybe I should try making pies with humans."

"Don't you dare!! I will never come back here again!!"

"Yes you will because you can't cook. The only food you ever eat is mine."

Luhan playfully glared at the older, seeing as he was right. He couldn't cook to save his life, hence this morning. And Minseok's food was his all time favorite. And Minseok knew that. So once they made eye contact, Luhan rolled his eyes, making Minseok chuckle.

"Yeah, keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll find something in that head of yours." This statement earned a snack on his arm. "Alright alright here's your food."

That was the typical morning for them. Nothing much was different. Except for that one guy sitting at the corner of the café, glaring at Luhan.