Chapter 8

Four more days went by for Sam and they were slowly beginning to run together. A sense of routine began to form for the young woman as she was greeted and brought breakfast by Gin the past few mornings.

To say the least it was odd but to her it was unsettling to find him perched in his chair whenever she woke up, as if he had been watching her from there all along. But other than the creepy behavior, the fox faced Captain would come in make one or two snarky remarks, finish his tea then leave Sam alone once more. On the third day, Gin's remarks revolved around the fact she wasn't exploring the Palace any more. The fourth day was something similar to that, and yesterday was a comment about if she was close to breaking again.

That's all he did, remark, tea then leave but unlike normal Sam was greeted by no one. Feeling slightly dishearten, she got up and went about getting ready for the day in the bathroom. As she finished putting in her contacts she heard the door to her room open. Glancing toward the closed bathroom door, she gave a small sigh before making her way out and a remark on his lips.

Only for the remark to fall flat as the woman took in the person that lingered in the room in front of her. Sweat broke out on Sam's forehead as her gaze froze on the man lingering in the center of the room.

"Well good morning, little pet."

There standing in the center of the room was the last person she wanted to say. The pink haired Espada stood in the center of the room, his amused gaze and creepy smirk directed toward Sam.

"Y-you." The girl stated her voice quickly wavering and growing quiet.

An amused chuckle came from Szayelaporro as he drew close to the frightened girl.

"Yes, little pet. Now how about we continue where we left off last time."

The girl shook her head in response while she back away from him.

"N-no leave me alone."

"Oh so you do speak, how exciting. This should make it fun." The Espada remarked as he backed her up against the wall.

Before Sam could think of a way to fight back, an immense familiar spiritual pressure came from the open doorway, making the two stop in their tracks.

"Szayelaporro."

Both gazes darted over to the doorway where they made out the silhouetted figure. To the two there was no doubt about who it really was but their ideas were confirmed when the figure took a step forward.

"How are you treating our guest?" Aizen questioned making his way into the room.

Sam watched him carefully, his gaze fully on the pink haired Espada who reluctantly bowed his head slightly.

"Lord Aizen-sama, I was just seeing if our guest was in the need of company this morning." The Espada lied keeping his gaze toward the floor.

Sam felt Aizen's curious gaze snapped to her who seemed to be surprised by Szayelaporro's statement.

"Doesn't Gin normally keep you company as of late, Samantha?" The curious man casually questioning as if he didn't already know the answer.

The woman in question, glanced between the two before nodding and meeting Aizen's gaze.

"Yes he has, Lord Aizen but he has not been by today as of yet." Sam explained in a slightly timid voice.

Aizen's gaze did not change before he looked toward his eighth Espada, "Szayelaporro, you are dismissed."

The pink haired man seemed genuinely surprised by Aizen statement before bowing his head once more.

"Yes Lord Aizen-Sama." He replied slightly reluctant before he made his way out of the room, his harden glance snapping to Sam's before he left.