Chapter 10

The next day flew by quickly, I still wasn't allowed to leave my prison but did have the company of Grimmjow who ignored me most of the time. A low rank Arrancar did stop by and take care of my wounds, I luckily had the patch over my eye removed and didn't lose complete sight in that eye. I did however have a cluster of black lingering in the far left corner of my eye leaving me with a larger blind spot than most there. With my other wounds were healed and I was giving the ok to begin to wonder the next day.

I hide the smirk I felt come on when I heard that news, it meant I could start trying to find a way out and see if I could do anything to help with what I knew was coming up soon. I had charted out a calendar to when I knew Orihime would arrive here and when Ichigo and the gang would follow. I kept it hidden by putting it on the shower wall with waterproof eyeliner that I had no use for now and was brought here with my things.

Today, marked that she would be here within a week, which gave me little time to figure out what exactly I was going to do. I sighed as I marked off another day on the makeshift calendar, after my failed escape I had been unconscious for nearly a week and with the last few days of recovering I had lost time. My best chance of getting out of here was either getting the Hôgyoku or getting one of the Espada or Arrancar who don't believe in Aizen to take me to the world of the living.

"Yo! Brat! You have already spent an hour in there already! Get the fuck out!" The loud booming voice of Grimmjow broke my concentration and the loud pounding on the door didn't help either.

I let out a rather loud sigh and quickly stood up, tucking the eyeliner away in one of the dress's pockets before smoothing it out and charging toward the door. I flung the door open with force my hazel gaze darting on the arrancar's form towering in front of me.

"What the hell do you want Grimmjo..." I felt my voice die in my throat as I noticed a figure standing off to the side and behind him.

The annoyed look on my face quickly turned into a confused frown as my gaze slowly took the figure's details into focus. My heart nearly stopped as I thought I recognized a smirking Gin, who put a finger to his lips before vanishing within a blink.

Grimmjow's scowl didn't fade as he just watched my reaction and glanced over his shoulder at what I was staring at. Seeing nothing the former Espada rolled his eyes and focused his glare on me once.

"What the hell you staring at? There is nothing there." He snapped, a snarl gracing his lips.

My surprised gaze darted to him as it turned into a glare, "Shut up and stop acting like you care."

"I don't care, brat."

It was my turn to roll my eyes and push my way past the tall non-human, "Whatever, I'm going to walk around for a bit."

"As if you are. I don't feel like following a brat like you around." Grimmjow retorted, turning toward me as I made my way to the door.

I stopped at the closed door and shrugged not turning to face him, "Then don't. I don't care if you follow or not. It's not going to be my ass that gets in trouble if you don't."

With that I took my chance as left the room with a slam of the door behind me, only doing it for an effect since honestly I kind of wish he did come with me. Pushing back my shaking resolve I took off down the hallway and began to reexplore my surroundings. Within a few minutes, I found the kitchen, meeting room, audience hall (which I dubbed throne room #1), throne room #2 and the door that took me to the indoor desert. I stopped in front of that door knowing that the last time I was on the other side I ran into a handful of Espada. Would I run into many more if I dared to go forward?

I let out a small sigh and pushed my way into the overly bright space once more taking a few seconds to adjust my eyes before seeing nothing but walkways, red towers and piles upon piles of sand. I closed the door behind me and started to follow the pathway in front of me that stretch out to a few miles ahead until it reached other building. Glancing my hazel eyes up to the fake sun and blue skies, I let a small sad smile grace my lips. Right now and the few hours I spend here last time was the most time I had seen some sort of sunlight in the last three weeks.