2. Where are you?

Five years later
NO POV

"Emily you can't keep living like this." Mel who is Emily's bestfriend said as she entered Em's apartment. But she didn't get a reply.

When Emily left Rosewood to go to California her life turned upside down. Living her dream without Alison wasn't the life she wanted and after her and Ali stopped talking, she got into a depression. They never really broke up, but they just never called eachother again and for Emily it looked like Alison had moved on.
Melina was there for her and things seemed to be better but Emily just couldn't forget the blonde.

Flashback:
Mel's POV
(Five years ago)

"I can't believe I'm late again!! Oh my god I'm so fucked!" I say to myself as I enter school.
Today we have a test to which I really need a good grade and in this moment I'm 10 minutes late cause my alarm didn't work.
When I finally got to my class I knocked and the teacher came to open the door.
"Miss ... you're late." Mr. Johnson told me.
I sighed and gave him pleading eyes.
"I know, I'm really sorry but can I please write this test? Please?" I begged him.
You see the problem was that Mr. Johnson is that kind of teacher that nobody likes. He's really strict and when you do something wrong in school, you become a sinner to him.
He says school is our number one priority and if we don't do a good job, let s just say he becomes even more strict with you.
And since this is not the first time I'm late, I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't let me in.

"I'm sorry Miss but your colleagues already started and you know what I think of people who are late to their responsibilities. So if you don't mind..." he says while waving me out of the class.

"Mr. Johnson please I really need to do this test." I tried to convince him and he was already telling me that I couldn't stay when this girl interrupted him.

"Mr. Johnson? I'm pretty sure that she didn't mean to come late. I mean it's not the most responsible act I've seen I agree with you but I belive she regrets it. I'm sure that since you are such a good and kind man you'll give the poor girl another chance, right?" she was a brunette with brown eyes sitting in the second row.

This girl might be my savior.
He looked at me again and stepped aside,
"I guess I can make an exception."

I smiled widely and took a sit to start my test.
After the bell rang we all left class. I saw the brunette at her locker and walked towards her.
"Hey I really wanted to thank you. You saved my life." I said with honesty.
She looked at me and smiled warmly but she didn't have much happiness in her eyes.

"You're welcome. He can be an ass and plus everyone deserves a second chance."

"Well I'm really thankful. I'm Melina by the way." I introduced myself smiling.

"Emily."  She smiled back at me.
Now close to her you could see her eyes perfectly.
Beautiful chocolate brown eyes but they seemed broken.
There wasn't any light in them.
There was a history of heartbreak, tucked in the creases of her eyes.
I wonder what caused it.

Present:
Mel's POV

"God look at this mess!" I said to no one in particular while entering my bestfriend's apartment.
Emily was probably still sleeping.
After the day I met Emily we became friends. After a while we got close and she told me what happend between her and Alison.
I was right.
There was a heartbreak. And I was hoping I could help her with it by supporting her and being there for her but when her and Alison stopped talking at all it just made everything worse. For two years things seemed to be okay. They weren't the best but comparing to now, they were heaven.
It's been five years and the girl still cries, still yells and still loves Alison.
The difference is that now alcohol and sex with random girls became an habit.
Take this moment as an example.
Her apartment looks like shit. Empty bottles and take out boxes everywhere.
It s 3pm and I called, texted but nothing. So I decided to come check on her.
Emily and I graduated but after that she wasn't really in a mood to find a job. That's when alcohol became her new friend. The bitches she brought home came a few weeks ago. I still don't know the reason why.
I mean everytime I told her that she should try to find someone new she'd get angry saying she only wanted Alison. And then out of nowhere she's sleeping with strangers.

I didn't even bothered to call her name cause I was sure she was still in bed.
But for my surprise when I opened the door and entered her dark room, I turned the lights on. She was gone.

"This is weird." I said to myself while walking i side her room checking the bathroom and opening the curtains so some sun light could come inside.

You see usually i would find her in bed sleeping. If I was lucky she'd be alone but sometimes she'd have a hoe laying next to her.
For some unknown reason the past week has been worse than usual.
She hasn't been out much and has been MIA a lot more. When I asked what was going on she'd flip and tell me to mind my own business.
"Where are you Em?" I ask out loud grabbing my phone to call her again.
Nothing.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
NO POV

11PM
Melina had spend the hole day searching for Emily. She had no idea where the brunette could've gone or with who she could be.
She even left the apartment to go check some bars or cafes where Emily used to go sometimes but she couldn't find her.
She even had a little argument at one of the bars they both usually went to.

Flashback (couple hours earlier):
Melina's POV
I walked inside The Alpha, a nightclub where Emily and I usually come to hang out.

As I stepped inside I saw that the bar was nearly empty since it only opens at 10:30pm but there is usually a bartender and some girls cleaning it during the afternoon.

"Hi Leon." I said as I took a seat in front of the bar.
"Hey Mel. You're early today." He chuckled, "You want something to drink?"
"No thanks. Actually I was looking for Em have you seen her ?" I asked hoping he'd give me a hint of where my bestfriend might be.
"Uh no sorry. She hasn't been here today."
I sighed and thanked him.

As I was heading to the exit door someone stepped infront of me.
"You looking for Em?" She was a brunette with green eyes also know as Tiffany.
Want me to be more precise? Emily was drunk and slept with her once but never called back.
"Look if you don't know where she is get out of the way." I told her.
I hate her. She's a freaking bitch and she usually gets on my nerves.
"Calm down sweetie why so aggressive?" She said with that annoying smirk on her stupid face.
"I don't know where she is but tell her to call me. I miss her." She gave me a wink.
"Why don't you find something useful to do instead of being a hoe?"
She turned around with her mouth hang open.
"Excuse me?"
"Oh I'm sorry. Do you prefer the word slut? Cause that's what you are isn't it? You sleep with everyone who comes inside this door but I actually feel bad for you. Usually you have to wait for them to get drunk so they want you. It's not like you're the most pretty here you know? Why do you think Emily never called you after that night?" I said smiling at her.
I think I left her without words cause she just stood there speechless and I left the club.

Present:
NO POV
As Mel was sitting on the couch in the living room wondering if she should call the police or not, the front door opened.
She quickly stood up as she saw her bestfriend get inside the apartment.
She looked horrible. Her eyes were red and puffy like she had been crying all day.

As Emily entered, she closed the door and stood with her back against it.
She let her keys fall from her hand and slowly started crying as she slid against the door to the floor.
Melina runned to her asking what happend as she saw her bestfriend break down with her head in her hands.
Emily only said 4 words between her sobs.

"Alison is getting married."