𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺: 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛

The next day...
6:30 AM
Lucy's POV:

I woke up from a loud beeping sound; I turned and groggily shut off my alarm clock. I took off my white nightgown and slipped into the shower; the warm water felt nice on my skin. My thoughts drifted to the recent events of last night between Natsu and me.

"Natsu..." I said with a sigh.

I turned off the water and went to my dresser. I changed into a white skirt and a blue tank top, along with my black cargo boots. As I was putting my hair into a ponytail, I noticed the picture of my mother sitting near my jewelry box. I grabbed the frame and stared silently at my mother's face.

My mother was smiling happily as the sunlight shined, showing off her best features

My mother was smiling happily as the sunlight shined, showing off her best features. I smiled to myself as I reminisced the happy times we had.

I placed the picture back near my jewelry box and sighed.

'I miss you, mother...' I thought sadly to myself.

"Well, you can't start your day without a little breakfast." I quickly grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and my school bag before rushing out the door.

As I walked to Fairy Tail, I looked closely at my surroundings. The entire town was echoing with laughter and filled with beauty. Magnolia was indeed one of the most beautiful towns I've ever been in.

As I walked up to Fairy Tail's front door, I heard a familiar voice. "Lu-chan!"

I turned and saw Levy walking over to me with a bright smile.

"Oh, hey Levy!"

"It's good to see you, Lu-chan."

"It's good to see you too, but what does Lu-chan mean?"

"Oh, it's just a nickname I came up with," Levy said with a giggle.

"Well, if you get to call me Lu-chan, can I call you Levy-chan?"

"That's a great idea, Lu-chan," Levy said, and we laughed.

When we reached our lockers, Juvia ran towards us at full speed.

"Lucy! Levy! Guess what?!"

"What's up, Juvia?" Levy asked with slight curiosity.

"Today is the first day of magic classes, and I think I will be in the same class as Gray!"

"Really? This is so exciting, Juvia!"

"I know. I might be able to sit next to Gray!" Juvia said with a squeal.

"No, Juvia. I mean that magic classes are starting today, which means we get to skip homeroom!"

"What are magic classes?" I asked.

"Oh, everyone has a magic class. You might get to go on missions and learn more about your magic." Levy explained.

"That sounds like fun!"