𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹: 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜

About an hour later...
On the train
1:58 PM

We'd been on the train for about an hour now, and everything was strangely quiet.

Levy was reading a book while Gajeel was napping on her shoulder with Lily next to him.

Erza was drawing something on her sketch pad, while Juvia was clinging onto Gray.

Wendy was actually sitting across from me just staring out the window with Carla next to her.

Happy was sitting right next to Carla admiring her with a goofy smile on his face.

Natsu as usual had motion sickness and sat down next to me with a sickly expression.

"So, Wendy what kind of magic do you use?"

Wendy looked up at me shyly.

I use sky dragon slayer magic, Grandine was the one who taught it to me. I also use healing magic."

"That's amazing, I'm actually a celestial wizard," I said with a friendly smile.

"Oh, I've heard of them before, but I've never actually met one."

"Well, now you have."

Wendy smiled at me.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but do your parents know that you traveling with us?"

"Well-Umm..."

"You don't have to answer that Wendy!" Carla interrupted before adding, "You should mind your own business."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone," I said apologetically.

"You shouldn't have asked in the first place."

"Carla!" Wendy snapped.

"Wendy, you shouldn't be telling random strangers personal things like that. Who knows what their true intentions are." Carla stated.

"But she's not a stranger, we're acquaintances."

"She's still a total stranger. I would be careful."

"Carla, you can't always tell me what to do!"

"Look I'm really sorry, I was just curious." I said hesitantly.

Carla sighed, "I accept your apology, but I don't want Wendy socializing with people older than her."

"Carla, stop being rude!"

Carla huffed, "Fine, be that way. I'll be in the next train car if you need me.

Just as Carla was about to fly away Happy flew in front of her.

"Carla, I'm sorry that you are upset. Would a fish make you feel better?" Happy said gesturing a fish to her.

"Not in a million years tomcat!"

Carla smacked the fish out of Happy's paw and left.

"My fish!"

Wendy sighed and rested her hands on her lap. "I'm really sorry about Carla, she's not too keen on strangers."

"It's okay, is she always like this?"

"Not all the time. She's always been protective of me, but I'm sure she'll warm up to all of you eventually." Wendy said nervously.

"About my question?"

"Well-I..."

"You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No, I should. I'm actually a foster kid."