𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸: 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

About 5 months later...
At Magnolia library
5:45 PM

It's been about five months since the Harvest Festival and school has kept all of us busy. Homework, projects, the usual thing. But I always find time to hang out with my friends, especially Natsu.

Recently I've found myself staring at Natsu during class. I don't know why but lately I've found him extremely attractive.

'No Lucy. You can't have these weird thoughts in your head! Natsu is just a friend, right?'

Spring break was only a week away, and I was super excited. I've been longing for a break, and soon I'll be able to chill and relax with my friends. But right now I had to finish this research project.

I was searching for a book on the history of Fiore when suddenly I saw something that caught my interest.

'Hmm? I wonder what this is?' I thought to myself.

I took the book from the self, and read the title out loud. "Dragons and Mythical Creatures."

"What a weird title..." I sat down at a table and began to read.

The book was explaining that centuries ago dragons used to roam the land, but one-day humans took over, which caused the dragon population to decrease. But once every hundred years a dragon will try to teach a human dragon slayer magic and pass down the dragon's legacy.

"That's weird. If I recall I'm pretty sure Natsu uses dragon slayer magic."

I was about to read more when I suddenly felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Hey, Lucy!" I turned over to see Natsu and Happy smiling at me.

"We figured you would be here."

"Yeah, where else would she be," Natsu said with a chuckle.

I immediately shushed them. "Guys, this is a library. You have to be quiet."

"Sorry, but being quiet is boring."

"Aye!"

I face-palmed myself in annoyance. "Never mind. But guess what I just found."

I showed Natsu and Happy the book.

"Isn't it cool? It talks about dragons and other mythical creatures."

Natsu and Happy just frowned at me, which confused me.

"What's wrong guys?"

"It's just that...Umm...Lucy, have I ever told you about my past?" Natsu said awkwardly.

"No, I don't think you have."

"Well, it's about time that I do."

Happy gave Natsu a concerned look.

"Let's go somewhere private."

"A-Alright," I said, stuttering a little.

We went to the quietest section of the library and sat down at the table without making eye contact.

"Natsu, what is this really about?" I asked nervously.

"It's about my past."

"Natsu, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's okay Lucy. You deserve to know."

"It's a long story." Happy added.

"Trust me, I've got time."

Natsu sighed deeply before continuing, "The truth is my father is actually a dragon."

"Wait...? What!?"