[26]

"I know you said that we can't talk about any boys tonight, but..." Melody Miller trailed off as she sat next to her best friend on Audrey's bed. Audrey had a bucket of popcorn next to her, or in her lap actually, as Teen Wolf goes off in the background. "What's going on with you and Dylan? The truth, Audrey," 

Audrey sighs and pauses Teen Wolf. "I don't know, Mel." Audrey shrugs. "He has a girlfriend now, it seems, weird." Audrey pauses. "I know they've been with each other for like, months now, but..." 

"You're jealous?" Melody questioned. Audrey didn't say anything. She knew she was jealous, and she hated that feeling. She didn't want to be the jealous type. She never was the jealous type. "Because maybe you do actually have feelings for Sprayberry, and you're scared of admitting to him because he has a girlfriend?" Audrey slowly nods. "Honey," 

"I know, I'm selfish!" Audrey exclaimed. "And Dylan know's that something is up, I can't keep these feelings down in the pit of my stomach forever, you know?" 

"Something tells me he likes you more than a friend, too." Melody shrugs. 

"He doesn't, he has a girlfriend." Audrey reminded her friend. 

"Has he actually ever said "I love you" to Abbie? She's a nice girl, but has he? Are there any compliments from him to her? You get all those compliments, Audrey," Melody points out. "How many times do you get a compliment from him? Almost every day? From what I've read, Abbie gets none. Only when she points out and Dylan has to quickly make up for it." 

Audrey stays silent because she knew it was true. "I like him, Melody," Audrey said aloud. "I really like him. More than my best friend. But, it's too late." 

"No, it isn't. They've been dating for three months, Dylan hasn't spent time with her, never has he taken her out on a date. Just say those five words, he'll break up with Abbie and ask you, never say never." Melody told her. 

"Never say never." Audrey mutters.