[27]

YOUR CALLING DUMBAR... 

Audrey silently cursed when Dylan had picked up the phone. A part of her really wanted Dylan to be busy, but because Melody was on the other side of the room watching she couldn't turn back now. "Aud?" Dylan called over the phone, Audrey stays quiet for a minute, making Dylan worried. "Aud, are you there? What's wrong?" 

"I'm here, Sprayberry," Audrey's voice filled the room and Dylan sighed with relief. 

"I thought I'd have to call the police for a second." Dylan joked. 

"I just, I have to admit something to you first." Audrey said, quickly. 

"Slower." Melody mouthed to Audrey, and she glared. 

"I... Dylan, there's something you should know." Audrey started nervously, biting her lip. The other end stayed quiet, letting Audrey continue. "Anyway, I like you. Dylan. I really, really, really, like you. More than a best friend. I know you have a girlfriend, Dyl- but I, it's too late now, isn't it?" It stayed quiet on the other end of the phone, worrying Audrey. "Dylan?" Audrey said above a whisper. 

"You've made me really happy, Audrey," Audrey was surprised at his response and Audrey looks over at Melody who was grinning. "I like you, too, I really, really, really, like you." Audrey was happy too, but now, she didn't know what to do. 

"Are you alone?" Audrey asked. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Come over right now, please. I want to kiss, really badly,"