Sweetheart!

There comes a point in life when you know that your happiness only exists if you create it for yourself. You know the 'how's and 'why's of it and that is exactly the point you start creating happiness for yourself or for others. I felt great when somewhere back in time I randomly gifted a few chocolates to my roommate just for a smile on the roomie's face. And it was indeed contagious, being spread from one face to the other – and continuing the same in the office all day long. I loved spreading smiles is something that I realized this day. My definition of today's day was – spreading smiles! I just loved this!

But when you have seen a brighter side of it all, life brings to you the lemons that can make all of these moments sour. A point, where you know that all of it that happened, was just a myth you were kept in – just so that you could be made to realize other things later on. The other things that make you go weak just by blowing hard on all the creations you have built up yourself with. The visualization that I see every single time this happens is like the shattering of glass, and every single time the way the glass pieces hurt you while you bring them together and still you do all of it just to ensure the things are good. But then my roommate is a little more than sweet and a little less than crazy. Or maybe just a bit of me and just a bit of not me.

And the chocolate does return! Never expected that though! And that too, not in the form of chocolates. In the form of ice cream!!! Hence proved. Happiness does finds a route back to you. And when it does, it is overwhelming! And I am obliged to my roomie for that super sweet gesture, out of no expectation in return. And the roomie does remember the flavor as well. And life has been different sans the new roomie.

No there have not been boosts in the daily life like every day being a joy ride. The river does have its tides and ebbs. But then, the realizations of life with the roomie has been really great. It is like the roomie's experience combining with your freshness about things of life, amalgamating in a brilliant way like never before. Making fun of people has been doubled up, and making life decisions have become communicative. There has no longer been a miss in the way you see things and no gain in the frustration that the mundane part of life brings you. And that I guess, is fulfilling and soothing to the mind and the soul.

But yes, the new roomie is brilliant boss! Just the way the roomie says. And you might be thinking as to why I am always referring the roomie as 'the roomie' and not him or her. It's because the moment I say him or her, the people would start relating it by either forming a competition or by forming a connection, which either ways is not acceptable. We tend to form a string to each and every person we meet, and then all of those strings start getting tensed up and eventually gain that pull on you. In this age of tagging people, I do not wish to be tagged with a certain relation in a certain way, spoiling the entire beauty of the relation. The roomie could be anyone who is there for you when you are low, or even the one who knows when you are high and under no control. The roomie has listened to all the crap and at times has also helped you be out of way of all the traps. The guidance that your roomie can give you after living with you for a long time can be the best guidance sometimes, because they have seen you behave to the minutest of the things you face in your daily life. A roomie has heard of all your nonsense that you go on ranting. A roomie has also got the trick to understand your silence is what I feel, but have never experienced so. But does that even matter, when the roomie is always by your side?

I know that when the roomie reads this, the roomie is going to have slight smile on the face, and trust me my roomie is utter beauty when the roomie smiles. And the times I have been called sweetheart by the roomie, that is pure bliss, boss! And that, is exactly how the roomie says. And when you say the same, the roomie realizes that it's time to change one's words. But yes, the roomie till date has been a live example of breaking stereotypes, and I am lucky to have the roomie. But nay. The roomie doesn't believe in luck. So I'll reiterate it like this. The roomie is what the roomie has seen through in all these years. And that is how I believe it should be­. So herewith, I thank my roomie for having all those long late night conversations, for all the stupidity that was discussed in broad daylight and beyond, for all the knowledge sharing that enlightened, for all the guidance that helped, and for the best of times that we have spent together.

P.S. We don't know who started the procession of bringing each other what, but I do cherish each of those moments when anything was being bought or anything was being given mutually. And thanks to the roomie that I truly know how giving has been a gifting and how surprises need not be small – all that matters is the smile.

So, here's a sweetheart for a sweetheart, from a sweetheart! ;)