4

Lance woke up feeling more shitty than ever. His dreams were filled with yelling and images of Pidge on the floor. Shiro's words plagued him and Keith wasn't helping. 

He pulled himself out of bed after realizing he was 8 minutes late to breakfast. 

When Lance walked into the room he expected some kind of acknowledgment; a head nod, a 'Hi Lance' or even a groan of annoyment. 

Instead he got nothing. 

Everyone kept chattering.

Pidge had been in a healing pod for a week after spending two days in it and was making up for lost time by fiddling  with a device she made. He opened his mouth to say something. "Good mor-"

"SHUT UP!"

Lance shut his mouth. He had only said three sentences this week. They had all consisted of the words "I'm sorry." 

He looked at the goo pipes and to the empty bowl next to it. He shook his head. He should be training. There was no time for eating. He turned to walk out the door.

"Lance when did you get here?" Coran called out to the boy.

Lance did a 180. He smiled at the ginger before continuing out the door leaving the others confused. 

"Start....training...level....25." Lance spoke out through pants. He successfully blew the head off the other bot, causing the bot to be sucked into the floor for repair and another one to pop out for him to continue training.

He blocked a blow from the bot that was aimed at his left arm. He took his chance to grab the robotic limb and spin it, throwing it to the floor. He summoned his bayard and shot it in the stomach. The thing crippled in, unable to move due to the massive hold in its torso. The gladiator dropped to the floor, signaling the end of the training sequence.

"What the fuck?"

Lance flinched at the sound of the voice.

He turned to see the male in the doorway, his black hair painfully noticeable.

Lance looked down.

"You took that thing out in like five seconds," Keith spoke out in shock. "What the actual fuck?"

Lance kept still as Keith stepped into the room. The black haired male pulled up training record that Lance had forgotten about. 

Keith froze. "181 Vargas...in a week. Lance. Have you even slept?"

Lance didn't say anything. 

I'm not strong enough.

Instead, Lance walked to the door where Keith stood. He tried to go through but Keith blocked the exit. 

Keith crossed his arms. "What's wrong with you? 

Lance shook his head.

Keith furrowed his brows. "Talk."

Lance smiled. "I have no clue what you're talking about." He tried to push past the shorter but it was futile. 

Keith scoffed. "That's the first thing you've said to me in four days." He stepped closer to Lance, causing the cuban to step back into the room.

"Not true," Lance countered. He tried to find an alternate way but the one entrance was down due to a technological error that Pidge had discovered and and the other one blocked by Keith,

"Oh yeah! I forgot that you said 'sorry' on Tuesday!" Lance flinched. It was Sunday now. Had he really been that out of it?

"I'm also saying this right now, get out of my way Keith." Lance threatened. "Plus, you can't say anything. You do't eve-"

"Lance stop trying to ;pick fights with Keith." Shiros voice was audible from down the hall. 

Lance immediately closed his mouth and straightened his back. "Sorry sir," he mumbled, 

"Keith do you still have your bayard?" Shiro ignored Lance, still furious about the Pidge incident. 

Keith stared off into the distance. 'Sir'? Since when did lance call Shiro 'Sir'? Why is Shiro allowing him to call him that. He hates being called sir. Why isn't Lance talking-

"Keith!"

Keith jumped caught off guard by the loud shout that broke through his thoughts. "Yeah?" He turned to where Lance and Shiro were only to see one. "Where did Lance go?"

Shiro shrugged. "He left when I walked in and you zoned out. He looked really tired though. How long had he been in here?"

"...22 varga." Keith said, looking at the chart,

Lance didn't want to deal with those two, Shiro terrified him and Keith was annoying, with his stupid face and idiotic mullet, that was too long for comfort. 

He strode into the med bay trying to find Coran or Hunk only to find Pidge on her computer,

"Hey, Pidge how you feeling?" Lance spoke out trying to start a conversation. 

"Lance can you leave me alone? I'm just about to break into the galra system." Pidge voiced, her hands never leaving the computer. 

Lance stepped back. "Oh, uh yeah! I'm sorry." Lance feigned happiness and gave a small sad smile. 

Lance sighed and walked back to his room. He laid his head down on the pillow and allowed himself to sleep.