11

Lance was led into the room following behind the rest of the paladins. He groaned internally. Something tells him this is going to suck. Immensely. He nervously ran his hand through his hair.

"Okay Lance," Shiro said, motioning for him to sit down. The rest of the paladins sat down in a semi circle. Oh lord save him now. "Sit."

Lance sat.

"Now we just wanted to ask you some questions okay?" He asked. Lance bit back his laughter. They wanted to ask him some things? This ought to be fun.

When they didn't get a response out of the Paladin, Shiro sighed. "Okay. First question, are you okay?"

This time Lance couldn't keep his laughter in. Lance let out a low chuckle. "Of course I am." Lance said, spite dripping from his words. Lance grasped his hands, willing them to stop shaking.

"Lance..." Shiro said. He looked at Lance with concern. Lance nearly laughed at that concern. They don't care about Lance, they're just worried about Voltron.

"Really Shiro I'm f—"

"BULLSHIT!" Keith screamed. Lance winced at the house. "You're not okay! Stop lying! Just let us help you damnit!"

"Why do you even care?" Lance fired back. "You never did before! So why now? I'm sorry I worried you and I'm sorry for being useless! I'm sorry!" Lance was crying. Silver tears dropped down his face.

Keith looked like he got shot. His face was pale as he looked at the crying Paladin before him. Hunk rushed forward and tried to comfort his friend.

"Lance please," he whispered softly, yet the entire team could hear his words. "We do care. We do I swear. Please just tell us what's wrong so we can fix it."

"I'm just...."Lance said, his voice thick from crying. "I'm just....so tired." his voice broke. "I'm so tired of pretending to be fine. But I can't end it all. I just can't bring myself to cross that line. But I really want to, Hunk. I really want to die."

The team sucked in a sharp breath at the words of Lance. No one knew how much pain he was in until it was too late.

"Hunk why do I feel this way?" Lance continues, choking on a sob. "I was so happy. Now I just wish I was dead!"

"It's because you ran out of pills," Hunk said. He looked around at the team. "Don't worry bud, we're going to fix this, I promise."

"How?" Lance sobbed.

"We're going to get you some more pills..." Hunk said, thinking. He tried to remember what he did when Lance got this bad last time. "And I'm not goi to leave your side. Remember? What did we do to help you last time?"

"We....we watched out for each other..." Lance said softly, gripping Hunk's wet shirt.

"Exactly." Hunk nodded. "And this time you're going to have five other people looking out for you too. Just like you do, us."

"Won't I be a bother?" Lance asked doubtfully.

"N-no!" Pidge jumped in. "Lance you're like a brother to me! You could never be a bother! Never!"

"D-do you mean that?"

Pidge nodded vigorously and ran to give Lance a hug. Lance took it hesitantly.

"Lance we'll always be here for you," Shiro said.

"I....I'm sorry," Lance said automatically. "I thought I was all alone and here you guys are. Caring about me. I....I don't know what to say."

"Just promise us you'll come to us if you ever feel sad again." Kieth said. He walked forward and embraced Lance carefully.

Lance buried his head in the crook of his neck, oblivious to the blushing mess that was Keith. Pidge stifled a chuckle.

"I promise."

Hey guys! So I told you I would update soon so here it is! There will be two or three more chapters before the series is completed and I just wanted to thank everyone for readings. It's been a pleasure writing for you all😁