Epilouge

Hullo lovelies, see the authors note at the bottom after the story

It's been three years since the Incident. That's what the paladins and everyone has been referring it as. Lance felt...better? He didn't exactly know how to describe it. He wasn't sad any more, sure he had some episodes every now and then, but he wasn't depressed. He had made a full recovery.

With the help of everyone of course.

Lance and Keith had been dating for almost two and a half years and they were still going steady. Pidge may or may not have hacked into Keith's computer to find he was looking at some very pretty jewelry. Lance is merely waiting for his soon to be engaged to pop the question.

Hunk and Shay are now officially a couple, ( Pidge had screamed 'finally' at the news ) and nearing their one year anniversary.

Paige had found her family and was now happily tinkering away. She was still a teenager but to the paladins horror she was a rebellious one. Lance can't count the number of times Shiro had to go bring her back from Olkarion because she decided to sneak out.

Speaking of Shiro, said leader has been confiding in Lance about his feelings for a certain male version of the little gremlin. Lance and Shiro spent many nights training together and talking about their man crushes.

Of course Keith found out and got insanely jealous. It was the cutest thing Lance had ever saw. And Lance once caught Hunk cuddling a baby duckling.

Coran and Allura made some interesting discoveries about the whereabouts of the other altean. Did anyone else totally predict Lotor? Because Lance fricken called it. He now has an extra twenty bucks, curtesy of gremlin.

Lance was better. Definitely.

And the rest of the paladins knew it too.

"Laaaaaance!" Pidge complained. Lance was dragging her out of the 'secret lab' of hers at two in the morning. He was disappointed in her. He had finally gotten her to go to bed at a decent hour in the morning and here she was, typing away on her stupid laptop.

"Pidgeon what did I tell you?" Lance drawled, shoving her computer on top of the highest shelf he could reach. "Honestly, I though you were starting to sleep decently again."

"I've gotten ten times the amount of sleep I'm used to," Pidge defended. "It's only fair I get to stay up late at least once."

"No," Lance chastised. "As paladins a of. Voltron we have a very sacred duty young lady. We must get the sleep!"

"Ugh. Fine. But only because you fucked up my sleep schedule and now I actually wanna go to bed," Pidge said casting a heavy glare in Lances direction.

"Firstly, language." Lance said rolling his eyes dramatically. "Secondly, it's a good thing that you want some sleep. Maybe it'll get rid of those hideous eye bags."

Pidge gasped and hit Lances arm playfully. "You take that back."

"Ow ow ow, okay! Geez why do your little baby fists hurt so damn much?" Lance said, wincing as he rubbed his shoulder.

"You're just a wimp." Pidge stuck her tongue out. "Good night tall-ass."

"Goodnight gremlin."

Lance sighed and walked back to Keith and his room. He opened the door to be  greeted with a familiar and endearing scene.

Keith (A/N it autocorrected to Leroy. Df?) was sprawled out across the bed, the blankets on the floor and his legs flopping over the bed on both sides. Keith had his face smooshed against the pillow, and drool running out of his mouth. It might seem gross to some people, but to Lance it was the cutest shit in the world.

Keith's mullet was messy from tossing and turning, and Lance moved a strand of hair out of his face lovingly. Keith stirred.

"L..Lance?" Keith asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he peered up at the Cuban boy. Lance smiled at the innocence of Keith's demeanor.

"Yeah it's just me," Lance said in a hushed whisper. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"S'okay. Why are you up?" Keith asked.

"Had to put Pidgey to sleep." Lance answered. "Scootch over." Lance snuggled in close to Keith, wrapping his arms around him for warmth. Keith leaned into Lance contently.

"Love...you....Lancey," Keith slurred in his sleep. Lance smiled and kissed his head.

"I love you too samurai." Lance whispered. Lance looked out at the table across the room in the dark as he thought.

Lance was happy. After spacing out for a bit he looked down at the sleeping boy in his arms in adoration. "You know Keith," Lance whispered, knowing full well that he couldn't hear him. "Three years ago, I would never have thought this would be my future. I'm really happy. I honestly thought I wouldn't feel this way ever again. But being with you, and being with everyone else has made me realize something. I always had the chance to be happy. Those months where I was miserable, all of that could have been avoided if I wasn't so damn insecure. If I had been stronger. If I had been more confident. If I had worked harder, I could've been this happy ages ago." Lance paused and looked off, a sudden thought entering his head.

"You know, sometimes I wonder though. Did I really deserve to feel happy? I put you guys through hell. I made you worry about me. I ruined missions. I picked fights with you. I disobeyed orders...I did all this shit and you guys still stayed with me." Lance laughed and marveled at the sound. "Sometimes I wonder why you love me. Don't get me wrong, I love you more than I love myself. You loving me means the world to me. But I can't help but wonder if you'd be happier with some one else. I could work harder though. I can become someone worthy of your love. I just have to be more caring and understanding...... and a lot less argumentative." Lance chuckled. "But don't worry. I'll do better so you'll stay with me. I love you Keith."

"Lance..." Keith whispered. Lance started and jumped back.

"Keith? You were awake? How much of that did you hear?" Lance asked.

"All of it." Keith answered truthfully. Lance gulped. Keith turned around and looked Lance in the eye. "Lance I love you. I love you no matter what. I love the arguments we have. I love it when you joke and call me mullet-head. I love it when you smile. I love it when you laugh. I love it when you care about others. I love you, Lance Mcclain. You. You don't need to change yourself because there's no one I want you to be but you. There's no one I'd rather be with than you." Keith pulled Lance in for a hug and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.

"You don't need to work harder."

The end! Tada! I did it!!!!!! Yaaaay! It's the end of the series and I really hope you liked it. I'm going to be starting a new story that with either be...surprise surprise.... a klance fanfiction or a drarry. I'm not sure yet but comment if you want a certain one. Thanks again for all the love and support. I've had so much writing this fic. Thank you all. Goodbye.