On the Road Again

"I can't thank you all enough for volunteering to help on your travels. If you're ever in Nashville again or need anything done in our neck of the woods, please, let us know. Each of you will always have a place to stay here," Augusta said as Gwenn, Rena, and Emily stood outside the Nashville coven house late the next day.

Robert had passed out after Violet's magic left him, making the binding of his own magic to his body by Augusta and a final additional sealing of magic within his body by Gwenn an easy task. Augusta had informed the rest of the coven that morning of the events at the plantation house, including Daniel and Robert's role in them. The coven healers had set to work, preparing potions, writing incantations, and researching spells, in hopes of returning Daniel's buyers and Violet's victims to their normal state. Daniel had been laid to rest in a small ceremony that morning. Robert hadn't attended. Augusta felt it would be some time before he showed his face around the coven again.

Emily, Gwenn, and Rena took advantage of the time the coven needed for coven business and spent hours sightseeing before they left Nashville that evening. They'd made good time too, seeing the Parthenon, the Grand Ole Opry, the Country Music Hall of Fame, and the Belmont Mansion in all under eight hours.

Violet, spent the day packing.

Gwenn watched the fae heap suitcase after suitcase into Emily's beat up old car. Two young, attractive wizards assisted Violet with charming smiles which she returned with an easy smile of her own. She was so different when she didn't have all her magic, scared, guarded, definitely not flirty. She was a shell of herself.

When Violet expressed interest in leaving town to start anew, Emily took the girl under her wing. Emily is the type of protector Violet needs, Gwenn thought, sincerely hoping the air nymph wouldn't fall for Daniel's sort again and that Emily would call her out if she did.

"Thank you, Augusta. I'm not sure any of us will be back anytime soon but we'll keep it in mind," Rena said, holding her hand out to the high priestess. Gwenn, Emily, and even Violet followed suit.

Augusta waved her way back into the Nashville coven house and the real goodbyes began.

"And to think, when we met in a bar we just wanted to have a good time, see a few shows, have a few brews. We nearly bit off more than we could chew, didn't we?" Rena said engulfing Emily in a hug.

Emily laughed and turned to hug Gwenn, "I suppose you could say that. I'm so glad we met. You two are good people. I hope our paths cross again."

A tear rolled down Gwenn's cheek as she squeezed Emily tighter. How have I only known her two days? It seems like so much longer.

"Speaking of paths crossing, I've been thinking I may drive over to Oregon and visit once Gwenn goes home," Rena said to Emily, looking both sad and hopeful about the idea.

"I hope you do Rena. I'd love to see you again. The place I'm headin' is called Terramar, between Hood River and Portland, Oregon. Look it up if you ever make it out west."

"And I want to thank all of you. Without your snoopin' I'd still be shunned by my kind and scared out of my wits that the witches would find me and turn me in. You fixed everything for me. I'm not sure where I'm gonna end up, but I'll write when I get there." Violet held up the slips of addresses Rena, Gwenn, and Emily had given her.

"Please do," Gwenn said. "If there's one thing I've learned in Nashville, it's that supes never know when they'll need each other. I hope we all keep in touch." She took Rena's hand, and the pair waved as Emily and Violet set off down the drive.

"Should we hit the road too, then?" Gwenn asked as soon as Emily's car disappeared around the corner.

"Always ready for your next adventure aren't you, McKay?" Rena said leaning over and kissing Gwenn on the cheek.

The End . . . well, actually, it's just the beginning.

* * *

Want more Gwenn, Rena, and Em? You can find them in Prophecy of Three, Book One of the Starseed Trilogy! The first two chapters of which can be found when you turn the page! Find the rest of the book

* * *

Did you enjoy this novella? If so, I need your help!

Reader reviews are key in the ocean of books on the market today. For an independent author, such as myself, reviews are also essential for being considered admittance into specific marketing platforms. Most of all, reviews help other readers discover the book which helps me continue to write them! After all, writing is more than an art form, it's also a business. :) Your review doesn't have to be long or written in flowery prose, just a line or two is great! So thank you in advance for your honest review. I read each one and appreciate them (yup, even the bad ones) more than you could know.

If you'd like to learn more about me or join my mailing list to receive sneak peeks of my novellas and novels before anyone else, deleted scenes, and even free books/novellas you can sign up at .

Thank you and have a bookish day!

Ashley

Where to leave a review: or the other fine, online retailer you purchased this novella from!

Goodreads: bit.ly/2yfu0xuroguefae

[ Image: Prophecy-of-Three-Generic.jpg ]