chapter three -:- secret keeping

"Alright, it's straight to bed for you," Dinah said, pulling her car into the driveway and looking over to Camila who was sat on the front seat.

Normani had taken her own car to pick up the girl's antibiotics and would be arriving a few minutes after them.

"I don't want to go to my bed," Camila said, shivering slightly, which caused Dinah to rub her arm gently in an attempt to bring warmth back to her.

"Okay, do you want to go to mom's and my bed?"

"No. I don't want to be alone," Camila explained, making the Poly nod in understanding.

"Well, I have a perfect solution for that. Why don't you go and change into your pyjamas and come down to the living room when you're done, okay?"

That seemed to work for Camila as she finally stepped out of the car and headed towards the house.

Dinah followed after her once she locked her car and laughed lightly as she watched Camila open the front door and nearly get tackled by Ringo.

"Someone missed you," the older woman commented as Camila lovingly stroked the dog's face and walked him backwards so she could get inside.

"Hey, you're back," Lauren said, standing at the hallway railing and looking down to her younger sister and mama.

"Yeah. Thank god. That place is depressing," Dinah said, tossing her keys on the entrance table while she kicked off her shoes.

"How're you feeling, Camz?"

"I'm okay," Camila said, walking up the stairs and heading for her room.

"Where's Lucy?" Dinah asked her older daughter, petting Bobbi who came to greet her with a low purr.

"She's talking to Becky on the phone about something."

"And Ally?"

"I think she's still at work."

"What? It's almost seven."

"Troy's taking her to dinner. At least that's what she said to me when school finished. I honestly wasn't paying that much attention."

"Lauren," Dinah sighed, heading towards the laundry room under the upstairs hallway. She was just able to hear Lauren's response as she began to pull out a few blankets and pillows so she could make the couch comfortable for Camila.

"What? It's not like she's dead."

"How would you know?" Dinah called back, shutting the door behind her as she moved towards the living room.

"She's a big girl. She can take care of herself," Lauren stated, walking down the stairs and joining her mama in the living room. The two of them began to unfold blankets and lay them out so the cushions were covered and all cozy for the youngest family member.

Dinah hummed lightly, a small smile coming to her face as Lauren helped her. She couldn't help but enjoy the little moments when her headstrong, independent daughter did something with her without asking. Even if it was unfolding blankets for the couch.

"How was your game?" Dinah asked, fluffing up a pillow on one end of the couch.

"We won."

"Of course you did," the mother beamed, pressing a kiss to the Latina's cheek before she stepped around her and headed for the kitchen.

"So, what's up with Camz?" Lauren asked, following after her mama and watching as she pulled some things from the fridge. Dinah, thankfully, had developed some skill in the department of cooking over the years. Normani was still the better cook in the house, but Dinah was much better at starting the prep for a meal, which helped the older woman out a lot. Now all she had to do was come home and take over.