chapter eleven -:- never letting go

After taking a few minutes to calm themselves and discuss appropriate punishments for all their girls, Normani and Dinah opted to get one more perspective on Lauren's friends before making a final decision. They called Becky who asked Lucy if Lauren's friends were good people. Lucy shared that she only knew about their party reputation and their overall disregard for school itself as they often skipped class to do drugs.

That was all Dinah and Normani needed to hear before they went to speak with their daughters.

"Ally, we need to talk," Dinah said as she entered her eldest daughter's room and pulled the desk chair close to the bed.

Ally sighed but nodded anyways. She knew a punishment was coming her way, and honestly, she knew she deserved it.

She felt horrible for ratting out Lauren, especially after hearing her sister sob for the last hour in the room next door.

"Can I just say that Lauren's friends are-,"

"Mom and I are handling that in the way that we believe is best. You've said enough in that regard," Dinah said, making the teen shake her head.

"But, mama."

"Enough, Allyson. Now your behaviour in the washroom was completely uncalled for. Camila is going through an incredibly difficult time and was only responding irrationally because she is overcome with a lot of emotions right now. She is being punished for not telling mom and I where you and Lauren were earlier, but she is not being punished for ratting you and Lauren out. That is something that we must know about because it ensures that we know whether or not we can trust you in the future, especially when it comes to the safety of your siblings."

"I didn't know she was going to get that sick," Ally tried to defend herself.

"Mom and I asked you to do one thing. Watch Camila while we couldn't. You put her in danger, which I understand was not your intention but it still happened. It's going to take a long time for mom and I to trust you again. We are very disappointed in you and Lauren."

Ally flinched slightly at that word. Disappointed. God, why couldn't her moms just be normal and be angry?

"I'm sorry," she said with a waver in her voice. "That party wasn't worth it. Not if it put Camila in danger. I'll apologize to her later for leaving her."

"Good. Now, I'm going to need your phone and tablet. You may keep your laptop but only until you're done your homework. Once you wrap that up I expect that laptop in my office. You'll get your phone while you're at school or work but it returns to the office the second you get home. As for going out, you're not allowed to leave the house unless it's for school, work, or with mom and me. These rules must be followed for a month."

"But Troy," Ally said, her voice small with worry. She couldn't just not see him. He'd get angry with her for not being available.

"You'll see him at school. Maybe missing him will teach you that it's not worth sneaking out to one of his parties without permission. Devices please," Dinah said, extending her hand out.

Ally nodded and placed her phone in her mother's hand, getting off the bed to grab her tablet off her desk before handing that over as well.

"I'm really sorry, mama."

"Mom and I forgive you. It's the trust that you must earn back now."

With that, Dinah left the room and started to head down the stairs. She stopped halfway when she heard the yelling of Lauren.

~.~.~

After Normani had a short conversation with Camila in which she took the girls devices away for two weeks, the woman proceeded to talk to Lauren.