Buttercups and Hooks Part One

Captain Swan One-Shots #2 ~ Buttercups and Hooks

Part one of 'Buttercups and Hooks'.

Set after the season three finale. They went back in time and everything, but Elsa didn't 'happen'. It was a happy-ish ending where Neal was named, Rumbelle got married, Captain Swan got ten times more canon and Outlaw Queen got ruined.

**

I trailed my hand across the different materials, stopping every now and then to pull a dress out and hand it to either Regina or Ruby. There was so much to chose from, and my heart did a flutter everytime I thought about why I was buying a dress in the first place.

"Miss Swan, we have some short cut dresses back here, if they interest you?" The short and slightly chubby shop assistance asked, motioning to a rack towards the back of the shop.

"No, thank you. I want something traditional." I smiled, and continued my search for the perfect dress.
"Oh, Emma! Look at this one!" Mary Margaret called from somewhere behind the bridesmaids dresses. I'd been wondering where she's gotten to.

"Miss, I'm sorry, but you are not allowed back here." I heard the shop assistant say. I shot a worried glance at Ruby and Regina, then, abandoning the rack, went in search for my mother.

She'd walked into the storage room by accident, she was too busy admiring the tiaras that lines the walls she hadn't seen where she was going. But, In Mary Margaret's haste to get out and avoid being caught, she knocked over some boxes. Or at least, that's what she told the assistant when we got there. I had a feeling she's gone looking for this place on purpose.

"Very well, but please, go back to the shop floor." The assistant ordered, shooing us away with her hands to make her point clearer.

"But this dress!" Mart Margaret exclaimed and pointed to a mannequin that was stood behind her.
And what a dress indeed.

It was an off white colour, with an empire waist, square neck line and long, slim sleeves. Starting at the shoulders, were two flowing over sleeves, each embroidered with a multitude of jewels. The bodice was decorated with a silver lace, which continued as an extra layer to the bottom of the dress, which pooled on the floor. The back dropped down to just above where the bum should have been, giving the dress a modern, sexier look.

It was perfect.

"I've never seen that dress before." The shop assistant looked baffled, and so was I. Why would such a beautiful dress be kept locked away back here?

"I'd like to try it on." I said, looking towards my mother. She wore the same look as Ruby and Regina. They knew this was the one.

It was exactly what I was looking for; traditional, not white and sexy.

"Um, eh, Okay. I'll get it off this mannequin. Meet me in the dressing room please, Miss Swan. Everyone else, please help yourself to more champagne." The assistant muttered. She was still shocked at the sudden appearance of the mystery dress.

Five minuets and two glasses of champagne later I was stood behind the curtain, waiting for the assistant to open it and reveal me to my bridesmaids.

"Hurry up, Emma!" Regina moaned, but her tone was playful. "I'm trying really hard not to just zap the curtains open!"

"Okay, okay! Open the curtains please." I nodded to the assistant, who stepped in front of me and yanked the material apart with one swift movement. It was clear she's done it before.