Comatose. [Part One]

Captain Swan One-Shots #4 ~ Comatose

Set after the S3 finale. No Frozen story arch though.

-/-

Darkness. Only darkness. I could hear people talking. No, shouting. They were shouting my name. A male voice, I think, was begging me to wake up. What did he mean wake up? I was awake. If I was asleep I wouldn't be able to hear him.

The a woman spoke. Her voice was light and sweet. She told that I was needed, and that I had to stay strong. Why were these people saying strange things? And why was it so dark?

Someone was crying. I had no idea why. Did something happen that I didn't see because of this dark?

"Can somebody turn a light on please?" I tried to say, but no sound came from my mouth. In fact, my mouth didn't move at all. I tried again, but still nothing. I tried to move my hand out, to see if I could find a wall, and then a switch or a door. I couldn't feel anything. No part of my body was there.

"Emma..." The woman said again, and I wanted to reach out and find her but I couldn't. She sounded so scared, I wanted to comfort her because I knew we were in the same situation. We were both lost in this dark. The only difference was  that she could talk.

"Emma, please" She begged. It hurt to know that I was causing someone so much pain. And she sounded so sweet. Her voice was light and kind, I liked it. It made me feel warm. 

-/-

People were arguing. I couldn't hear what about, but the loud noises were definitely an argument. I must have slept because the kind woman was gone, and two men spoke. I didn't hear the woman leave, or the new man enter, so I must have been asleep.

"I'm sorry Mr Jones. It's family only." A man said to Mr Jones. I wanted to know who Mr Jones was, and where the man was stopping him from going. Maybe it would explain why it was still dark.

"Look, Doc!" Another man, different from earlier said with venom. "I don't care about family only. Let me see my bloody woman!" Ah, this must be Mr Jones. And the other man was a doctor? Was I in the hospital? What was wrong with me?

I was telling my hands to move. I was telling them to wave around. I was telling them to help me get out of this dark. Nothing happened, again. My body, wherever it was, remained unresponsive.

"Some one help me! Kind lady? Doctor? Mr Jones? Can you tell me where I am?" I tried screaming, shouting, whispering and even crying, but it was no use. The men carried on arguing about Mr Jones' visiting privileges, and ignored me.

-/-

"Emma? Can you hear me. We have to be quick but there's someone here to see you. It would be nice if you woke up and smiled. I know he wants to see you smile. We all do. Please Emma, just, smile." The kind lady was back and her voice was breaking, as of she was holding back tears. It annoyed me. I wasn't asleep! And even if I could smile, she wouldn't be able to see me because of this dark.

"It didn't work. Snow, she doesn't-I have to go!" It was the man again. Mr Jones. He was back. Was the kind lady called Snow?  I didn't notice when he was arguing with the doctor, but he had a pretty nice accent. I couldn't place it exactly, but it was nice.

"Don't you dare go anywhere, Killian." The kind lady's voice turned harsh. It scared me a little because I couldn't see why she was mad. Who was Killian? Was that Mr Jones? Killian Jones. Hm, that sounded nice. 

"Look, Snow, I love Emma. She is my world. But, the darn kiss didn't work. Its obvious now that I was kidding myself. Just-just let me be alone." Mr Killian 'accent' Jones said. I heard heavy footsteps moving away from me. I tried to call out to him,  to tell him that I was right here. Emma was here. If he loved me, he wouldn't want to leave, would he?