Chapter 4: Another unexpected Guest

Lian Ze raised his chin and harrumphed: "My sister already said it very clearly. Why aren't you leaving? Your parents have hoped for this day for so long. Quickly, scram!"

Lian Fang Qing also ran up, held her sister's hand and said to Yang Huai Shan: "Bad person, villain! Not allowed to bully my sister!"

Lian Fang Zhou rubbed her head and thought that this young girl in the past, must have bore a lot of her ex-future parent-in-law's anger.

"As you wish!" Yang Huai Shan smiled coldly: "From now on, you and I have no ties!"

He finished speaking while grinding his teeth. Then, without turning his head back, he left.

"Alright, let's go back and start dinner!" Lian Fang Zhou sighed in relief.

"I'll get the bowls!" Lian Fang Qing cheered loudly.

"I'll get the stools!" Lian Che followed her.

These two little guys are really mature!

Lian Fang Zhou's heart warmed; and without knowing it, she smiled softly.

She believed that, with her mastery of modern agriculture and the sibling's unity, in the future, their days would get better and better.

Difficulties would be only temporary.

"Sister, are you really alright?" Lian Ze looked at her. The worry on his frowning brow didn't match his age.

"Do I look like I am not?" Lian Fang Zhou smiled and replied softly: "Don't think too much!"

Lian Ze finally cheered up and said: "It's great that sister is fine. In the future, sister will definitely find someone a thousand times better than the Yang family's son."

"Puh... Haha" Lian Fang Zhou burst out in loud laughter. Smiling, she said: "Leave future matters to be discussed in the future, come, it's dinner time!"

"Ah," Lian Ze's forehead smoothed, his mood finally really relaxed. Then he suddenly frowned a bit and asked: "Breaking off the engagement is fine, but sister, why do you want their money?"

His words and attitude suggested he didn't agree with that.

Lian Fang Zhou then asked him: "How much money does our family still have?"

Lian Ze froze; suddenly feeling somewhat ashamed, he said quietly: "Less than eight hundred wen......"

"Don't you see!" Lian Fang Zhu patted his shoulder. In a matter-of-fact tone, she said, "Sister knows that you are an upright person, but don't be too pedantic. This matter was originally their family wronging our family, letting them cough out some blood is natural! And it is nearly winter, we need this money to survive through it, right? Don't Qing'er and Che'er need to have some winter clothes sewn? Doesn't this house need repairs, especially the roof and the windows? How else will we last through winter?"

Lian Ze was speechless, although, inwardly he admitted that Lian Fang Zhou's way was correct, his heart still couldn't agree.

Lian Fang Zhou could see that, but didn't say it out loud. She could only think to herself: "This brat! In the future, I'll have to definitely change his way of thinking..."

The siblings finished dinner, cleaned up and quickly went to bed.

The house was narrow. Originally their parents lived in one room, Lian Ze slept on a loft bed on the ground floor, and the other room was partitioned for the three siblings to live in.

Now that mom and dad weren't here, the brothers moved to that room.

Lian Fang Qing was always sleeping in one bed with her sister. Once she entered the room, she took off her shoes, crawled up the bed, lifted the patched, worn out quilt and drill into it. She called out to Lian Fang Zhou: "Sister, quickly, let's go to sleep!"