Chapter 16:

Lian Fang Zhou smiled and said, "we have nothing that can't be discussed between us siblings? Look at you acting nervous! Tell me!"

Lian Ze's eyes darkened while whispering, "when father and mother were still here, they said, wait until next spring; then we will let Che'er go to the village school to study ......"

Seeing that Lian Fang Zhou had frozen for a second, Lian Ze hurriedly said, "we repaired the beams, and we have money food! Sister, I can eat less! Let Che'er go study, is that OK?"

"What OK!" Lian Fang Zhou put some strength in her finger and poked his forehead. "You just reminded me, Che'er is still small so it is a good time to study; I will let him go! You just needed to say it. Why are you acting like this? And never say something like eating less!"

"Are you taking your sister as an outsider? Is Che'er not my family too? Am I not looking out for his best interest as well?"

Lian Fang Zhou slightly sneered and her heart really felt a little bit disappointed and sad. With her doing so much for this house, doing her best to support the family, in the end, is she just a wishful thinker?

They don't even think of her as family!

"Sister, Sister!" Lian Ze saw that she was really angry and could not help but feel guilty. "I'm sorry, Sister, I was wrong, I was really wrong! I, I do not know how - it's my bad! Sister, do not be angry, alright? I will never again ...... "

Lian Ze was anxious as well as ashamed and was incoherently explaining as he tried to apologize. But he found that he couldn't even explain it clearly!

He did not know what was wrong with himself to subconsciously say that! It was if that in front of his sister, she was no longer his sister?

He really was an idiot! d.a.m.n! How could he have thought such a thing? If Sister is not Sister, then could it be she was a stranger?

Would strangers be so good to them? Would they bother with their lives like she does?

Even if Sister is not the same as before, isn't it just that she is changing herself for them!

"Alright," Lian Fang Zhou sighed softly and said, "you have to remember, I am your sister; we will always be a family! Understand?"

Lian Fang Zhou secretly thought in her heart, no wonder he felt something was not right. These days with her changing so much from how the original Lian Fang Zhou was, the change may be too big. He found it difficult to accept and his instinctive reaction was inevitable.

"Yes!" Lian Ze ashamed nodded repeatedly; vowing: "I remember, I will always remember! I will never doubt my sister, never again! No matter how much Sister changes, you will still be our sister. You always will be!"

"Then all is well!" Lian Fang Zhou happily laughed in a light-hearted tone. "Alright, let's go, go downstairs! Tonight we'll have a good meal with white rice. I will make you fried eggs to eat!"

"Mm." Lian Ze smiled with embarra.s.sment, this time he didn't say he would eat less.

During dinner time, Lian Fang Zhou sure enough cooked a pot of real white rice and chopped a bundle of leeks. She beat three eggs and fried them together making fragrant leek eggs.

While frying them together they made a "splash" as Lian Fang Zhou poured the mixture of leeks and eggs into the pot. Suddenly, the pot was boiling and made a "zzzz" noise; the rich aroma reached the nose and made the room full of delicious smells.

Lian Fang Qing and Lian Che smelled the aroma and could not help but continuously gulp. Their eyes kept staring at the pot, taking really deep breaths through their noses; they were beaming with joy and laughingly yelled words like, "Smells delicious, ah! Really delicious!." "It will definitely taste good!" And so on. The small kitchen erupted with laughter.