Chapter 65 - Li Zheng Has A Big Announcement (3)

"Waste of saliva!" Zhang Li Zheng gave a pointed look at the direction of the voice. In reproaching manner, he spoke. "The seeds didn't just drop from the sky. So how could it not cost money? It's already at a low price! And also, when the harvest season arrives, these harvest tax would be half equal to half of the crop harvest tax. This also counts as the imperial court being generous."

When hearing that it cost money, everyone burst into a discussion. Now understanding the tax was halved, instead of being delighted, they became even more distressed. Distress is no small matter.

Think about it.

Why would the imperial court collect less tax?

"Zhang Li Zheng, if there's someone who is willing to help others grow the plants, is it allowed?" Lian Fang Zho raised her voice to shout out her question.

In the midst of the crowd, someone made a mocking sound which was then followed by laughter as he looked at Lian Fang Zhou with full of ridicule. In his mind, he wondered if the Lian Family's eldest has lost her mind.

Who would actually be willing to help others grow these things? It's more likely that they would wish to throw all this onto someone else's shoulder!

Zhang Li Zheng was also taken by surprise. After a moment of consideration, he nodded. "There's no problem as long as both parties are willing!"

"Ok!" Lian Fang Zhou acknowledged. And continued questioning.
"Then did the imperial court send anyone down to give guidance on how to grow these?"

"None!" Zhang Li Zheng replied. " It's just growing plants. Which farmer doesn't know how to? So there's no need for the imperial court to do something as troublesome as sending someone down to give pointers!"

Lian Fang Zhou showed an expression as if it just dawned on her and no longer spoke.

Actually, the truth is that the imperial court did plan to send someone to give pointers since these plants are rare and not many know how to grow them. However, the Southwest Governor took the initiative to handle this project to curry favor with the Crown Prince. And to show off his citizen's talents, he refused to let the imperial court send someone over. Isn't it just farming? The new plants are also plants. Just scatter it on the ground, give some care, and water and it'll be grand!

And on top of that, it's just a trial project. If it didn't succeed, then he would have reasons to justify like unsuitable environment, inappropriate weather and the likes.

So rewording it, when unsuccessful, show a positive and sincere attitude. And if it's successful, then he would gain great merit!

"Alright! Alright! This matter is settled then! Later, don't forget to come over to my place to collect the seeds! Don't forget okay!" Zhang Li Zheng finished up and waved his hand toward below.

"You can disperse now!"

Everyone started left while discussing.

"Only she could possibly do it. To ask such stupid questions; complete utter nonsense! Can't believe she's not afraid of being mocked!" Lian Fang Zhou heard Mrs. Qiao prattled on nearby in a disgruntled tone.

She and Lian Ze exchanged a glance and directed a faint smile at Lian Ze. They left together without bothering with Mrs. Qiao.

Gradually they have gone far, and nobody else was around, Aunt Zhang reassuringly told Lian Fang Zhou,
"You don't have to worry about this matter yet. In a few days, we'll watch how the other guys handle it first, then we'll follow!"

Lian Fang Zhou halted for a second. She wasn't able to catch on her meaning, but she did understand Aunt Zhang would never harm them, so she obediently nodded for now. Then they parted way.