5 The Switch

Through all the happiness Pidge had fallen into one of her old habits, constantly checking the time. She was happily laughing with everyone else when it broke in. She had looked at her watch to see four symbols that broke her heart 12:00. She'd just stared at it not knowing what to do. But like always she snapped out of it in a few seconds. But even then all she could muster was "It's time" she had watched as all the smiles wilt away. It was so quiet that she was able to hear the mice run through the vents. The laughter was gone, replaced with sorrow. As tears went down her small cheeks she repeated what she had said. "It's time" nothing, nothing in the world could of made the situation worse. "It's     Time    For     The      Deal" she couldn't stop herself, none of them could. The floor was flooded from everyone's tears, except Lance and Shiro. Who had just stood there had accepted it already.

    But now Pidge sat in her lion watching on a screen as Lance, Keith and Allura stood at one end of a what looks like to be an empty hanger. Seemingly having a nice conversation whilst they wait for Lotor.

    Lance was frailing his arms around on top of his head making Both Allura and Keith laugh. It's going to be so depressing once Lance leaves. Looking down at the screen she could feel tears forming in her eyes.

    "Everything ok, Pidge?" Pidge looked over to the screen the question had come from, Hunk.

    "Yeah, just thinking about how depressing it's going to be without Lance" she said whilst looking back down into her lap.

    "Well Pidge just think about the good side of this deal. We no longer have a person that is constantly flirting with every alien he meets" Pidge looked up at Hunk. A small smile building on her face as memories came through.

    "Or the fact that we no longer have to be scared that someone will come in and destroy our focus" Hunk had a giggle at that one.
    "Oh and don't forget we won't have Lances little quick moments when he e...explains the plans" tears where now forming in Hunks eyes as well. "Or..or..or" Hunk was now full out crying.

    Pidge just smiled at him, "But all these things, Hunk, is what makes him so great" Pidge smiled at the computer screen showing the red, black and blue Paladins. "Why do we have to loose him?" She more said that to herself than to Hunk. Just thinking about a life without him makes her cry. She looked back at hunk who was still flooding his lion and said "I guess all those reasons is also why we can't... we can't..." she took a shaky breath "why we can't make his sacrifice mean nothing"

    Hunk wiped away his tear, obviously now feeling empowered after Pidges speech. "Your r-" Hunk suddenly looked down at his screen. "He's here"

    Pidge felt the wave go over her, the realisation that Lance will be gone. She started to shake. She new Lotor would come, Lance will be gone soon. The shaking increased. She had tried to prepare herself, she will likely never see him again. But, nothing could prepare her enough for that realisation. She is going to loose the closest thing she has to a brother right now. Her breath increased as the panic attack got worse. Memories flooded her thought. All the terrible things she has said to him. Even the joy full memories were being taken and twisted.

    "Pidge" who is that? "Pidge!" Hunk? "Pidge, are you ok?" She looked up at Hunks screen seeing nothing but fear in his eyes. "Take three deep breaths, ok?" The memory of loosing her brother and father went through her head. "Count with me!" She nodded her head. "One, in" she started taking a breath. "Out" she let it go. "Two, in" she took another breath in. "Out" she felt herself getting calmer. "Three,in" she breathed in, the memories are subsiding "and out"

    "Thanks" Pidge smiled at him. "Where you learn how to do that?" She said shapely, still recovering from the panic attack.

    Hunk smiled "Secret".

    Pidge pushed down a button. "Guys Lotor got here a little while ago, be prepared."

    "Thank you" Allura replied.

    "Hey, Allura" Hunk spoke out "do you think you could maybe have your helmets on speaker or something" he sounded anxious "you know, so we can hear what's going on?"

    Allura smiled up at the camera we where watching them on. "Of cause, hunk" all three of them lifted up there hands to press a button on the side of there helmets. Activating the outside microphones. Pidge was suddenly able to hear the numbing of the engines and the thumps of feet pacing down the hall. It was like she was there, just unable to move her head.
She sat back in her seat taking a breath in. Now she watches.

________________________

    They had all been watching/standing there for over 10 dobosh and nothing has happened.
    A conversation between them all had come up some how discussing that Lance should recommend "Death Star" to Lotor if he hasn't already named the weapon. We were all trying to explain to Allura and Keith the Star Wars universe as well, but that conversation always ended with "So the Death Star is a planet?" Making the rest of them want to smack there heads against a wall.

    "Meow" Pidge was kicked out of her laugh. "Meow"

    "What is that?" Allura asked "Pidge can you get an image"

    Pidge didn't respond she just got straight into work. Pressing buttons trying to zoom in on whatever is making that sound.

"Meow"

    "Found it" Pidge smiled at her work "some sort of cat" she tapped one last button to reveal the cat to everyone.
The cat has blue ears that stretch out to top of it's head, and an orange mohawk.
    The cat sat up and started walking away from the camera,  revealing three white stripes on it's back.

    "That's an Altean cat" Allura screamed obviously confused.

    "If that's true than how is it alive?" Keith shook his head "It's impossible"

    "Not really" a voice came from the other end of the room.

    "Lotor" Lance yelled, having looked before everyone else.

    Pidge zoomed back out from the cat, to see Lotor and his four generals in a triangle formation walking towards the other Paladins.

    "Sorry, we kept you waiting" his smile widened "we had to finish prepping out mega weapon" he looked over them all "so who's going to speak up first?"

    Pidge looked at her friends, that where frozen in place. Understanding what's going through there heads. He came out of no-where.

    She watched as Allura broke from her trance and took a deep breath in. "I'm sorry Lotor" her voice clear and unyielding "but you won't get a chance to try out your weapon today"

    Was it just Pidge or did Lotors smile increase. "That means we'll be taking one of you three than"

    His eyes hovered over Keith then Allura, not even starting to move to the next person when Lance took his stance.

    "You'll be taking me" he voice was clear and unchanging.

    "You sure?" Lotor frowned.

    "Certain"

    The room was quiet, no-one wanted to talk. Even the generals where quiet. Pidge looked at all the screens she has up. Everyone's face is emotionless.

    "Cough, cough" Lotor says, whilst making the same contracting action. "Well than..." his eyes go to Allura once more before he changes his glance back to Lance "blue paladin, I guess you will be coming with me".

    Lance nods whilst he starts to walk over. Lances steps are even, echoing around the hanger.

    All the paladins watch carefully as he reaches the other side and smiles back to them. The group of now six walk back through the door they came.

    Pidge watches as the ship takes off.  Leaving the paladins without a red paladin, but some where in pidges heart she knows that spot won't be empty for long.

________________________

Ok so I'm thinking of Changing the description because it's taken so long for the story to really start. Either way tell me what you think. And I hope you had a happy Easter. Thank you for reading, farewell for know.

Has not been approved of the editor, but I wish to publish anyway.