9.

Baekhyun's POV

I took my glasses off and massaged my nose bridge as my eyes were twitching a bit. I had been working on my computer for five hours straight since six in the morning with a view to writing a few more chapters of my novel.
I started to run out of inspiration so I got up of my chair and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed an energy drink. I took a few sips and heard the kitchen's door open.

"Those things are unhealthy, you should drink orange juice. That's better," stated a voice behind me.
I turned my head to the right and saw Chanyeol in pyjamas, all yawny and tousled.

"You're probably right.
- There's a lot of sugar in it you'll get excited and fretful."

I eyed the electric purple tin and shrugged.

"I need this. "

"What are you doing? It's Sunday. You should rest..." he said.

He grabbed a bowl and started to slice bananas and strawberries with a knife.

"Oh, just, working...
- More like writing," he remarked while raising an eyebrow.

I frowned and started to bite my thumb.

"It's any business of yours..." I pouted while staring at my drink.

"Stop being sensitive because I know more things about you than you know about me," he responded while licking his fingers.
"I'm not sensitive..." I answered grumpily. "And do you even mean?"
- See? That drink is making you querulous."

I put the tin on the table and crossed my arms.

"I do know things about you, Park," I said, while watching him prepare his late breakfast.
"Oh really? I thought you hated me..." he poured some soy milk in a glass and grabbed a box of oat.
"Well, my hatred toward you doesn't mean I can't get to know you better.
- Because you want to know me better?" he stopped cooking and glanced at me.
"Yes I do, Chan," I sarcastically smiled.
"Sure..." he doubtfully answered before grabbing his meal and heading to the door. "And don't call me that," I heard.

┉┉┉┉┉

We were both in the lounge. He was eating his breakfast while I was trying to concentrate. My fingers were playing with my glasses on the desk as I couldn't write.

"No inspiration?" he asked, smirking.
"No... How frustrating it is," I mumbled, angrily ruffling my hair.

Chanyeol took a sip of milk before getting up and joining me to the desk.

"What have you written so far?" he asked while leaning forward to look at the screen.
"Something like, fifteen chapters.
- Well that's pretty good. What is your goal?" he put both hands on the desk hence dominating the space.
"Thirty maybe."

He glanced at me. Which was a natural action. But something was kind of odd about that glance. Then I felt like his stare wasn't oriented to my eyes but to my lips. I looked back at the screen and then cleared my throat.
I didn't like when people looked at my lips instead of my eyes when talking, it made me quite nervous.

"I'm pretty satisfied of what I've written but I just don't know how to keep it going like this," I said.
"What is the story about?" he asked as he sat next to me.
"It's about a young man who endures a zombie apocalypse.
- Cliché," he rolled his eyes.