15.

Baekhyun's POV

I had made my choice. I was indeed a bit drunk when I'd been enlightened, but after I'd sobered up, this decision was still the best to take in my opinion.
I thought about it a lot, I'd been through all the maybes, but one thing was certain, I was actually exhausted and I felt so bored.
I wanted to go live elsewhere, to discover a new city, learn a new language, meet new people and make new friends. I wanted to change my tiresome habits. To spice things up. To go out of my comfort zone.

I put a lot of time, took great pains, busted my back at work. It was time for change.
I wanted to take new challenges, to go further and to look beyond.

This house was bought by Chanyeol, it was his. And it costed him a lot. I had taken enough advantage of  him. It was time to buy a new place to live in on my own.

It was all a sign: the universe was somehow telling me to leave Seoul. And it had been heard.

┉┉┉┉┉

I kept walking under the burning sun. I was all alone. Saebyeog town's infected people were all dead. The antidote was useless. It fooled us, before helping the virus growing. V1D2  was deadly, indeed. It infected and killed each and every cell.
—First, it poisons your blood. It puts you in a catatonic phase. Then, it makes you go mad and crave flesh and blood. And it eventually kills you.—
I left the city, with nothing less than my weapon.
My left arm started hurting.
I rolled up my sleeve and saw my veins popping out and getting darker. It was starting.

I, Kim Junghwa, am writing my story to help you find an antidote and to prevent, whoever might find this diary in my pocket, from helping me. Don't touch me. I might look dead, but I'm actually not. Take this and run. Now.

"The end," I proudly said before saving it.
I felt so proud. I had finally finished writing this novel. After going through writer blocks and lacks of time, I had finally sent it to Zhang Yixing, my Chinese editor.

"Well, I hope he'll like it. Please, publish it."

I then needed to go to Hong Kong, in order to meet him and to talk about the story. I was so ready for this. It was going to be a big turning point in my life, I couldn't mess that up.

Unexpectedly, a certain Sehun texted me saying that he wanted to see me. After which he wrote me a long paragraph about how sorry he felt and how bad of a friend he was.

He was a very old friend of mine. We grew up together. We taught each other so many things, sowed wild oats. We had fought a lot. And we would always come back to each other, because in the end, we were basically brothers and knew we could only count on each other.
He did try to help me, and even though I was really angry against him for making me feel guilty, I accepted to meet him. Because I knew he really meant it when he said he was sorry.

Also, he would often blame himself for weeks and lose his self esteem after that kind of fight. And this is certainly not what I wanted.

So we both ended up eating at the same table, in his favourite restaurant, because he insisted and really wanted me to try one of his favourite Italian dishes.
I also needed to talk about my moving. He knew about Hong Kong best.

"How's this minestrone?" he asked, looking at my plate.

I nodded and swallowed.