Entry Seven

March 31st, 2016

Hey Erick,

It's no surprise that you easily captured the new girl's heart.

Ruby--I think that's her name.

It was so cliché that the color of her lips actually matched her name. No doubt red lips always caught people's attention and I think she definitely caught yours. Was that enough motive for you to approach her at her locker during passing time and ask her if she needed any help finding her next class? I know you asked her that because her locker is right next to mine and I just so happened to be there at that time.

Wow...

You and Ruby would switch from speaking English to Spanish and it honestly bothered me because I couldn't fully understand your guys' conversation. I only picked up a few recognizable words here and there but not enough to decipher your discussion. Of course, I wanted to eavesdrop and hear about anything that involved you.

I sound so creepy in my head while writing this. Can you blame though?

Ugh...

From the laughs and obvious playful touching, I knew you both were getting along all too well. I really did stand, almost hiding behind my locker door, acting oblivious with an open textbook in my hands to figure out what was going on between you and her. My eyes skimmed the countless math equations and pictures of shapes, until you both walked away, heading in the same direction. I looked up and saw that your step was in sync with hers, your shoulders almost touching hers as you slowly walked side by side.

You only knew her for a few hours and it already seemed like you two had so much in common. Ruby's natural olive skin tone mimicked yours, along with her soft, organic dark hair. I could just tell you enjoyed speaking to her in your native tongue. If she were to kiss you she would have to stand on her tip-toes to reach your lips.

Once again, I was burning with jealousy. A little bit more than before.

After closing my locker shut I looked back at you and her. From afar I saw her head tilt back and her hand covering her mouth as if she were trying to hide her laughter from you. I suppose that's what it was because you also had a wide smile on your face. I kept my sight on both of you until you guys turned the corner, completely disappearing from my view.

And as the day went by I kept the image of you and her in the back of my mind.

It hurt like hell.

I told Toby about what I had witnessed earlier on in the day and she straight up told me I had to step up and actually make an effort to talk to you if I didn't want to lose the chance of building some sort of relationship with you. Toby always gave me great advice but that's not what I wanted to hear. If only she could understand that it's a lot easier said than done.

I hate this: the fact that I think I'm slowly falling for you without you even knowing.

Sincerely, a confused Katherine