Entry Ten

April 13th, 2016

Oh Erick,

I had just logged on to one of the many computers in the library to do some research for a History assignment when Toby stormed into the quiet study center, heading straight towards me. I stopped typing when she swiftly pulled a chair next to me from under the table, her breath quick and short while her chest rose and fell quicker than usual.

"Did you just run a mile?" I asked, giving her a quizzical look.

"Oh dear God no," she ran a hand through her pin-straight hair while using her phone screen as a mirror. "I actually just got done doing you a favor." She settled into her seat, hanging her Victoria's Secret bag from the back of the chair.

I was already baffled from her grand entrance so what else could she surprise me with, I thought?

Little did I know I had a huge storm coming ahead of me.

"Before I tell you promise me you won't get mad?" She reached for my hands in my lap, cradling them with hers.

"Toby, what did you do?" I tilted my head to the side and attempted to give her a cold stare. "Tell me!" I urged her.

"Promise me you won't get upset!" She ignored my question, my curiosity threatening to grow.

"Just tell me!"

"Promise me!?"

"Ugh," I retreated my hands from her grip, stuffing them into the pouch of my hoodie. "Alright, if that'll get you to speak then okay."

"Pinky promise?" She continued, extending her pinky finger out and I kept my blank stare on her as my patience was slowly running thin.

Knowing how Toby was I had to give in to what she asked for just so she would spill the tea even if deep down I knew I wasn't going to follow through with her demands.

Without much of a choice, I pulled out my right hand and wrapped my pinky with hers while I crossed my left-hand fingers inside my hoodie pocket.

"Spit it out."

"Okay so... I kind of, sort of, caught Johann's attention..." she briefly paused, the same perplexed look on my face never budging. "For your sake of course."

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"I mean that... I might have slipped one of your cheesy poems into his locker and even forged your signature."

"You did what!?" I bolted out of my chair, almost knocking it over. "Wh-what? What poem? And why would you even do that in the first place!?"

"Chill out, Kat! You promised me you wouldn't get mad!"

"Shut up! Just answer me!" I held back from actually letting her have it. I wasn't at all too surprised that she had done something stupid like this. Toby lived for this kind of drama, but it did hurt to have been let down like that. I knew she was just trying to do me some good but I really didn't want her help, at least not this way. To have made matters worse, some students around us even began to take notice of the commotion we were making.

"It was just a poem or love note, not really sure, I just so happened to see fall out of your bag the other day."

"And instead of giving it back to me you stuffed it in Johann's locker? My God, Toby! What did it say!?"

"I don't remember the details but it was over the top romantic like everything you basically write."

I fumbled to grab hold of my bag but once I did I took out my beat-up journal to see if any pages from it were missing. Thankfully everything was still intact, no pages were missing, but I had the habit of sticking loose folded notes in between pages.