The famous bad boy doesn't know me

Everything that occurs,
happens for a reason - Steffany

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My fingers flew around the phone's screen as I furiously typed on it. I turned around another corner, not watching where I was heading until I bumped into a wall and stumbled backwards.

A pair of arms shot around me, catching me before I fell. Wait a minute - arms ? Maybe it wasn't a wall after all.

"Thanks." I mumbled, not looking up.

"You have eyes don't you? Make some good use of them." A voice barked. My head snapped up and I glared at the person.

Out of all the people in the world, I had to bump into Hughe Matthews. I thought sullenly as I recognized the person. There he was, standing in all his glory in a casual sweatshirt and track pants looking like a Greek god. He had a set of expensive - looking headphones around his neck. His muscular, tanned arms retracted from around my waist as if I had burned him. His bronze hair was matted to his forehead. A pair of ocean blue eyes glared right back at me. His pink lips pressed into a thin line.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as if he and I are enemies or anything of the sort. I doubt he even knows who I am. Oh right, I have to introduce him.

Hughe Matthews is the hottest player in our school with the typical bad boy reputation. He has perfectly chiseled featured which all girls fall for - excluding me, okay fine, the last part was a lie. He was known to be a troublemaker and a very potential enemy. After all, he didn't have his gym - guy look for nothing. The rumors about him had increased alarmingly after he returned to Greenwood High, being in who-knows where for two whole years thus how I came to know so much about him.

"You could have moved too, you know, as you obviously knew that I was coming your way." I hissed slipping my phone into the pocket of my jeans.

"Why should I have?" He asked. "You are the one who should be looking at where you were going." He replied before adding, "Other people might not be as considerate as me."

"Oh, I'm honored Mr.Matthews. Thank you for your kindness." I sassed in a sickly-sweet voice.

He grinned at me before furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you go to Greenwood High?" He asked and then answered his own question. "Of course not. I would have recognized you if you did."

I cleared my throat and said,
"You know, you should stop answering your own questions and give other people a chance to speak. And FYI, I do go to Greenwood High."

He frowned and stared at me.
"Then, why don't I recognize you?"

"Because we don't have any classes together, genius." I answered rolling my eyes.

"But- I should've recognized you if we go to the same school, Pecan." He complained, pouting.

I cringed at the nickname.

"Do you go around presenting nicknames to all the strangers you meet?" I asked, wrinkling my nose.

"You're not gonna be a stranger anymore, sweetheart." He replied cheekily and brushed past me. I stared at him until he shouted over his shoulder, "Close your mouth Pecan, you'll catch flies. See you in school."

"I hope not." I yelled after him and he let out a rumbling chuckle.

*********

I headed back home, having ended my walking routine. A delicious aroma of Italian chicken pasta - Mom's speciality - struck my senses as I stepped into the house and almost got ambushed by my younger brother Joe who was bustling around the house.