My safe haven

Home is not a place, rather it is where you find happiness with whom you belong - Hughe

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank god, I didn't forget to take my sleeping pills last night.

That was my first thought in the morning, waking up from a deep, dreamless slumber on a Sunday morning.

I hadn't realized how late it was when I reached home last night. The house was dead silent and the only light and sound was coming from the kitchen. I stepped in as quietly as I could and tiptoed up the stairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jordan asked sharply, coming into sight from the kitchen.

Uh-oh.

"Um...to my room?" I asked unsurely. He shook his head and sighed, beckoning me towards the kitchen.

I followed silently. Jordan was dressed in shorts and a red shirt - his typical night attire. He looked exhausted. His hair was all messed up - which nearly never happened because Jordan treasured his hair. He was extremely proud of his mocha-colored hair. He didn't care about any other parts of his body as much as his hair. A certain body part being an exception.

Ugh.

He had been waiting for me, even though he looked as if he could really use a good night's sleep. I realized.

I waited for him to start speaking as the guilt weighed down on me.

"So where were you tonight?" He asked, running his hand through his hair.

"Um... I might have gone for dinner and a ride on a bike with a friend." I answered sheepishly.

He smiled. "You're still obsessed with those bikes aren't you." I nodded and he yawned.

"Jordan, seriously, you didn't have to wait for me. Go to sleep. I'll answer your questions tomorrow." I said, trying to be persuasive. He sighed again and nodded, standing up.

"Want me to give you a massage before you sleep?" I offered, when I saw him rubbing his shoulders wearily.

"No...you should sleep." I waved away his concern and followed him to his bedroom.

He threw his shirt to the other side of the room as soon as he entered it. He dropped down on his bed with a huff, quickly turning onto his stomach. I climbed on the bed beside him and starting pressing down slowly on his muscles. He groaned in relief as the tension between his joints disappeared. I chuckled,

"What did you do that wore you out so much?"

"I went to the gym." He mumbled into his pillow. "Never gonna do that again."

I laughed, "That's what happens when you don't keep your body in check."

After a little while, when I was almost certain that he was asleep, Jordan said,

"Steff?"

"Hmm?"

"The Carltons are back, aren't they?" I stiffened before forcing myself to relax and let out a sigh.