Breaking 3 - Never Give Up

*Mago's POV*

"What now? Mago!" Libra angrily asked, "where can we now find another wedding singer?"

"I'll just sing it in solo," I suggested.

"Are you crazy? The song was intended for a duet!" she tried to control her voice, "I can't believe she just backed out in this last minute. The rehearsal was perfect last night, why did she just backed out?"

"Don't worry, Lib," Marco interrupted, "we'll try to fix this."

"You better do that!" Libra stumped her foot.

"Damn man! You were together last night, what did you do?" Marco turned to me.

"Nothing," I shrugged, "I just brought her to her apartment."

"Now that explains it!" Kaz blurted, "we know you, man. When you're in a woman's apartment, it is impossible that nothing happened."

"What? Don't tell me," Libra squinted at me.

This is what I hate about girls. They were the ones who flirted and offered their goods. I only came for the free taste but I have no intention on purchasing the whole deal. It's not my fault that they expected to much.

"I know someone who can sing," Janine butted in.

Janine, another girl who expected that Marco would take her seriously. Ah girls!

"Thank goodness," Libra was relieved, "you better take her here in an instant so we can now start the wedding."

I don't know but I suddenly felt nervous as I watched Janine leaved. I hope it is not the girl I met in Angelo's island. I do not know but I seemed to fear meeting her again.

*Arlene's POV*

I have not been myself this past three weeks because I could not believe that I actually shared a bed with Mago Concepcion. But that is all that happened. After that the day, I was only left with a memory because I haven't seen him since then.

Because of this, Janine and Patricia decided to take me to a wedding of Marco's brother. They thought it is the perfect opportunity for me to meet with Mago again.

"Arlene! Come with me!" Janine pulled me and when we reached the group of familiar faces, she suddenly exclaimed, "here she is!"

My tongue tied when I saw Mago in front of me but he seemed not interested with my presence. He simply looked at me and then went up the mini stage.

"Follow him," Janine commanded.

"Are you crazy?" my eyes grew wild when I realized what she set me up to, "I can't! I am not ready."

"You can do it," she convinced me, "besides, this is your chance to showcase your talent to Mago."

She was right. I told Mago that I am member of the Music club but he hasn't heard me sing yet. In fact, only my family and Janine heard me sing. But I am not ready. What if I'll get embarrassed?

I wanted to say no but I froze when Mago looked towards me. His eyes were so tantalizing, it was as if calling me to come near him.

I stood next to him and made sure that I could read the lyrics clearly. We sang a few songs but that was just it. He never looked at my way again or even talk to me. He is as cold as ice! When we finally sang our last song, I gathered all my strength and followed him.