Breaking 4 - Hearts on the Ground

*Arlene's POV*

I watched them go towards his office at the second floor of the bar and I can't help but pity myself. What right do I have to stop them? Nothing! He did not promise me anything but why do I feel betrayed?

I heaved a sigh and went back to work. If he likes bitches, then I'll show how I can be the bitchiest bitch he'll ever meet. I need to release this negative vibe. Patricia was right, crying is just a sign of weakness. I should not cry. I'll show Mago that I can play his game as well.

I saw Dessa preparing her props for a flaring exhibition and that gave me an idea. I was considered the best in this field and in fact, I won champion in the inter-school flairing competition. This will be my ticket to being close to Mago.

I stood next to Dessa and prepared the bottles and the glasses I need. Dessa looked at me as she realized what I am planning to do. I think she liked the idea because she nodded at me and signaled the DJ to play a techno music for our exhibition.

It was Dessa who started it. She let the glass roll on her arm and then threw it on the air while taking some ice. Next, she threw the wine bottle on air while catching the glass. She juggled the bottle and ice before finally pouring a drink on the glass.

As soon as she is done, I immediately took two wine bottles and juggled them. When I finally got the correct timing, I took a glass and juggled it along with the other two bottles. I played around, alternately juggling them and throwing them from my back.

Dessa winked at me encouraging me to do it again, this time, we will perform simultaneously. The crowd grew excited as Dessa ended with a nesting positing while finished with a snatch. People then starts to raise their money, challenging us to drink as we perform. I took the opportunity to drink. I actually know the technique on how to drink without really drinking and getting myself drunk, but I plan not to do it. I wanted to get drunk. I simply want to get wasted.

"Arlene," Dessa became worried, "I think you are getting drunk."

"I can take care of myself," I assured her.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

I did not mind her but I knew I am drunk. I felt the alcohol in my system. My vision swayed along with the dancing lights in the bar and everything seems to look blurry. I have never been drunk before but I did not care. I climbed up the counter, making all the customers more excited, and started dancing. I felt so free. I felt like I can do everything I want because being drunk is a good excuse for being crazy.

*Mago's POV*

Even though the woman in front of me is pretty and sexy, she does not seem to really catch my attention. She has tried seducing me with a lap dance but even when she took off her clothes, my mind still lingers on something or someone in the bar. The noise from the outside of my office also distracts me. Curiosity made me want to see what is happening and when I took a peak, I saw that there's a flairing exhibition. It got my attention, more than the naked body in front of me.

"Hey," the woman uttered when I stood, "are you just going to leave me hanging here?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I smiled at her, "I'll ask the waiter to bring you your orgasm drinks here. It'll be on the house."

"How dare you embarrass me like this?" I saw her took her shoe so I hid behind the door when she threw it at me, "I didn't embarrass you. You were the one who anticipated that something's gonna happen between us."