Breaking 11 - The New Life

*Mago's POV*

I learned from Dessa that her brother was tasked to watch over a woman who is under the witness protection program of the government. Since they needed a place to hide, I offered help by taking them to Angelo's island and then I used the chance to talk to him about Ailene.

I asked him everything that I wanted to know about Ailene but all his answers were the same information I get from Ailene's journal. Finally, I asked him about my child with Ailene but I was left dumbfounded when I heard his answer.

"Your child died few days after the death of Ailene," he reported sadly and then focused his look at Arlene who was strolling by the seashore, "Dessa told me that about your relationship with that girl."

I simply nodded as an answer so he continued, "don't waste your time for something that you cannot bring back. You better focus on what you have now. She seems to be a nice girl and I could sense how much she loves you. If you cannot reciprocate her feelings, let her go. Don't make her another Ailene in your life."

I stared at Arlene quietly when she looked at me and gleefully waved. Her smle lightened my heavy heart. It was then that I understand why I am very affected by her presence. Of all the women I have been with, she is the only one who have silently crept in my heart.

Upon realizing this, I stood and started walking towards her. Dee-Vyn was right. I should not let this girl go. As soon as I came close to her, I grabbed her waist and immediately gave her a long, passionate kiss before saying, "Arlene, please marry me."

"W-what?" she was obviously shocked with what I have said but I did not gave her a chance to react further because I immediately kissed her and then told her, "are you going to marry me or I'll have you pregnant so you can't say no to me anymore?"

"What is this? Pregnant trapping?" she giggled, "or shotgun wedding?"

I smiled at her and said, "whatever it takes for me to make sure that you'll be my wife, I'll dot it."

"Do you already love me?" she asked.

I rubbed my nose to her nose before kissing her and said, "isn't that enough as an answer to your question?"

"I still need to hear it, Mago," she pouted.

"I," I stopped to kiss her forehead, "love," then I kissed her left eye, "you," I kissed her right eye then I she flashed me her sweet smile.

"Very," I whispered before kissing her nose, "much," I said before finally kissing her lips.

We shared a sweet but passionately igniting kiss before we held each other's arms, "I love you too, Mago Concepcion," she whispered to me.

"Will you marry me?" I asked.

"How about our bet?" she asked.

"You already won," I declared, "Marco made a desperate move in order to marry Janine."

"Is that the reason why you proposed to me?" she worriedly asked but I cupped her face with my hands and assured her, "I love you, that is the only reason why I wanted to marry you."

"Yes," she suddenly said.

"Yes, what?" I jokingly asked.

"I will marry you, Mago Concepcion," she exclaimed before wrapping her arms around my neck.

I have wasted a lot of chances before and I do not want to waste more time now so I held her hand and gently pulled her to walk with me.

"Where are we going?" she asked.