1 | 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜?

Camila Perez's stomach began to churn uneasily as her partner Keiron West drove up the driveway of the large house. She released her clammy hands from holding her seat belt too tightly but couldn't figure out what to do with them, so instead, they clasped and unclasped each other as she muttered to herself about how it was going to be fine.

Everything had to be fine.

They needed this visit to go perfectly, this was their last chance at finding someone to loan them money and Keiron's estranged sister had reached out to them and they hoped it was to accept their request. From what Keiron had told Camila, the Stone family weren't just rich, their family were amongst the founding fathers of their town so that had to count towards something.

Their house was by far the most beautiful thing Camila and Keiron had seen in their lives. It was huge, it embodied the romance of classic antebellum housing meeting modernity nestled in the opening of the woodlands, with huge empty fields of land surrounding it. Far away from the bustle of the busy town.

"This is it, this is the address," Keiron said switching the engine off looking at Camila, she looked back at him and sighed.

"If this isn't going to happen, what are we going to do?" she whispered carefully, to not wake their sleeping three-year-old daughter who was comfortably tucked into her second-hand car seat.

"It's happening Camila, why else would she ask for us to stay the weekend?" Keiron said squeezing her hand and opening the car door. They had brought one large suitcase and a few bags of things for Aaliyah for their stay and their plans after, the rest of their things that hadn't been stolen or destroyed were with Camila's older sister Amelia in her apartment in San Fransisco.

As Camila got out to take her daughter from the car, the gate creaked open and the door clicked several times alerting them that locks were being undone. They hadn't even knocked yet but they were being watched and Camila didn't like the feeling it brought her.

"Keiron?" 

There she stood, opening her arms wide for a hug. Keiron's older sister Olivia had never been in contact since she moved away to Cosano, finding out she was married was the last straw to cause their parents to sever their ties with her and when Keiron had told them he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant they officially kicked him out.

Camila watched cautiously, with her daughter on her hip as Keiron hugged his little sister. Camila came into view giving her a tight smile and wave and upon seeing her, Olivia's eyes lit up offering her a hug, Camila accepted it inhaling her coffee and lemon scent. Olivia West Stone looked exactly like Keiron, they had the same shape of eyes and smile. Olivia had frizzy, untamable dark hair that was thin around her hairline and friendly dark brown eyes.

"It's nice to meet you, Olivia." Camila smiled pulling away gently securing her arms around Aaliyah who had woken up and was rubbing her eyes.

"Lovely to meet you too, this must be little Aaliyah." she said her finger reaching out to stroke her niece's cheek, she smiled as the young girl yawned and then turned back towards the house.

  "James hurry up, they are here!"

Her husband came into view, he took in the appearance of the small family with a single sweep, his dark eyes looking behind them at their car for a brief second before he sported a small grin. He was a tall average looking white man, his salt and pepper hair was the only signifier for his age- he must have been at least twenty years older than Olivia herself.

"Nice to finally meet Olivia's family, you must be Keiron."

"You must be her husband," Keiron said shaking his hand and then reaching out for Camila's waist "This is my girlfriend Camila Perez and our daughter Aaliyah."