COLD WICKED TRUTHS

.

While the words child abduction strike fear in families, friends, schools, and communities, most people visualize child abduction as a stranger taking a child. What is more common and less understood is abduction by a parent or family member. In the U.S each year more than 200,000 children become victims of family abduction.

.

.

Women often struggle to exit prostitution, and many of the ones that do, find themselves returning after a temporary reprieve, due to the difficulties in finding a stable home and income. Added to this, many are affected by mental health problems, low self-esteem and anxiety with life outside of prostitution.

Changing the law to decriminalise prostitution sends out the message that buying sex is now considered acceptable. This inevitably leads to more men buying sex more frequently, and more pimps and brothel-owners wanting to cash in on all that extra money. But there aren't enough women to fill this increased demand, because women who have genuine choices don't generally choose to go into prostitution. So pimps and traffickers use force and coercion to recruit and trap women into prostitution. This usually meets the UN definition of human trafficking.

.

.

A REMINDER

Family has nothing to do with blood.

.

.