2 | 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚒 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜?

Keiron held onto Camila's hand as they walked onto the patio floor of the neighbouring house ten minutes away on foot. The air was crisp and there was a nice breeze that stroked through her curly hair, he reached out and gently tugged at one curl before placing it behind her ear. He saw her worried eyes still as they caught onto his.

"Relax," he whispered to her as they trailed after Olivia and James as they spoke about their friends.

"I can't, I don't want to accept the money if it comes with strings."

"There are no strings, they just asked us to consider it, and who knows you may even change your mind."

"Doubtful." Camila snorted, "We said we'd take the money then move to Europe that was the plan."

"Plans change."

"Spain is the plan Keiron. Spain is our future."

After their house had been taken, Camila had suggested a move. An opportunity to start somewhere new, they had enough saved away from Camila's parents for a flight to Spain but they were depending on Olivia and James for money for a house and the extra things they would need.

 Keiron sighed smiling at James and Olivia who looked back at them. They were at the neighbouring house now, Aaliyah had been tucked into bed in the Stone's guest bedroom and there hadn't been much conversation since.

The house was illuminated by the moon in the dismal night sky, its marble exterior shone brightly, a ghostly shade of white amongst the vibrant vegetation that surrounded it. James walked up to the back door elevating his hand, hesitating for a brief moment before finally lifting the lion's head, slamming the weight of it back against the door and sending a sharp shake to invade the inside of the manor.

The door opened letting the light flood out of the house and a young woman around Camila's age exited. The woman's golden locks cascaded down to her waist, in the moonlight she appeared angelic but as her cold Egyptian blue eyes rested on each of the figures and a small smile formed on her lips, Camila felt a sudden premonition, a recognition, and her breath hitched.

"Olivia! James! We thought you'd changed your minds?" she said kissing them on the cheek before looking beyond them at Camila and Keiron. " Ah you must be Olivia's family, I'm Imogen Anderson," she said ushering them into the house.

Keiron nodded following after Camila who was marvelling at the design of the house. It was opposite to the Stone's instead of the antique decor, modernity swept all around in sleek black and white. The lights were white instead of tinged yellow and Camila noticed that there were already five people stood around the island with wine glasses in their hands, their conversation stopped short as they noticed their guests.

"This is Olivia's family, er-" Imogen said waiting for Camila and Keiron to introduce themselves.

"Camila Perez and Keiron West."

"Not married?" an old man said, his eyes analysing the absence of glittering wedding rings on their intertwined fingers.

"Not yet, we'll get there when we get there." Keiron joked lightheartedly, not at all offended but Camila's eyes lit with irritation.

"And you are?" she asked sweetly, but her tone was laced with uninterest as she cocked her head to the side.

"Dr Victor Garcia, neurologist." the man said tilting his glass at his family "This is my son Julian, he's an Oncologist, his wife Gloria she's an Orthopedic surgeon and my other son Lucas is a Pediatrician." The aforementioned raised a glass and offered a smile to Camila which she returned with a simple nod.